What is your Jeans size (before/after)

Options

Replies

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Had to buy new jeans again at the end of last week. This time size 32 slim fit (Buffalo, Guess) with a current weight of 202ish. Was a relaxed fit 40 with a weight of 250ish in November.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Txgal555 wrote: »
    I Love this thread! I think it's very beneficial for everybody to realize no matter what their weight, their sizes are going to be different from somebody else. Here's my stats:

SW: around 205 wearing a size 14
    CW: 171 and a size 10, but need an 8
    GW: 135. I'm guessing this will be a size 2/4

2wjhj4bwgcy4.jpeg

Wow your transformation is really awesome. Is it weight lifting results?!

Thank you! No, it's all been calorie counting and walking...but I do need a good weight lifting program. I'm flexing my bum here...Id like it to look like that naturally.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    Highest weight 170 lbs - size 14
    Current weight 137 lbs - size 6 or 8 depending on brand
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    5'6.5", SW 310 size 22-24
    CW 140 size 6.....would be 4 if it weren't for needing the extra space to stuff the skin into :P
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5'6.5"
    Starting 212 US 18/20 top size Xl women
    Current 152 US 10(8/10/12 depending brand) top size L/XL Kids
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    5 feet 4 inches 225 currentely wear a size 12/14 in youga pants and in just my size jeans a size 16 is ok but I do not wear jeans
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    5'7" female

SW 205 and very tight 14s and some 16s
    CW 176 and just getting into some 10s
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    @Txgal555 Thank you! <3
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    5'9" SW 206 July 30, 2015 size 16 or 18 XL.
    CW 142 size 4-6 S
  • bonitas
    bonitas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cglouie wrote: »
    I'm 5'8" , at my heaviest 2 years ago at 211 lbs, size 16

SW: 195 lbs, size 14
    CW: 143 lbs, size 8 but are baggy so will probably need a size 6 soon

Already passed my original goal weight of 150 lbs and am continuing until I'm rid of the dreaded belly fat so I may get down to a size 4, or maybe even a 2.
    Your story
    And measurements could also be mine! How long has it taken you?
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    5'4

SW 208, 16w
    CW 128, 4
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options

Your waist is so tinny for that number on the scale and I guess that is the magic of Strength training,Way to go girl

Lol. Thank you!
    No magic here. Consistency + Patience=Success
    A good lifting program, about 2,3 times a week, eating an average of 1900-2000 calories a day, decent protein, enjoying the heck out of life and these days doing pull-ups :)

Iam very confused about choosing good lifting program. Do you have any suggestions?!

Hope I can help out :)
    You're only a beginner once: it's the most magical time ever and progress is insane especially if you are overweight. Because this time is so special it's wonderful if you can pick a true beginner programs that exploits the fact that your body is primed for amazing things.
    There are only 2 requirements for a good program:
    1. Progressive overload built into the program - you lift 2.5 or 5 pounds more each workout.
    2. Includes the major compound lifts ( squat, deadlift, bench press, some type of overhead press)

There are other choices you will have to make depending on your training preference:
    Strength based programs like Stronglifts 5x5, Wendler 5/3/1, Starting Strenght ( usually 2,3 workouts a week)
    Bodybuilding based programs like Jim Stoppani's - Shortcut to Shred or other free beginner programs from bodybuilding.com ( usually 5,6 workouts a week)
    Mixed programs with strength and bodybuilding components like "Strong Curves"
    Some programs will be free and others will require the purchase of a book (might find them free at a library)

They will all work!!! Pick one and forget about anything else. Learn the exercises and do the program as outlined.
    Eat to fuel your body and sleep so you can recover!
    Enjoy a feeling like nothing else in this world and watch your body change before your eyes!!
    Best of luck!
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and at 162 lbs I wore a size 12, and now at 125-130 lbs, I'm in a size 6. I have wide hip bones and have never been smaller than a 4, even when I was under 110 lbs. The 6's fit big in the waist, but fit fine on the hips. :) I'm definitely pear shaped!
  • badgerface1k
    badgerface1k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Idk why but I have lost 55 lbs and my waist size has only gone down from 36 to 34. It was still enough to make my jeans fall down
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!