Miss seeing the numbers drop!

Options
2»

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    tahxirez wrote: »
    So I'm in the process of transitioning to maintenance right now. I'm struggling to hit my calorie goals and I'm used to coming in under so the numbers in green make me happy. Anyone else struggle to hit their calorie goals? I'm afraid of adding in high calorie options for fear of returning to my old ways...

I don't really have this problem, I always eat every last calorie! :) But I never really gave up high calorie foods even while losing weight. I look forward to a cup of m&ms or a couple cookies every evening!!

Thanks for all the great responses everyone! It's interesting because I never really liked the attention that came from the weight loss so I'm perfectly happy that it has stopped. But it was definitely a reminder that I was losing so it was a change when the comments stopped. Non-scale victory was buying a pair of size 5 jeans this weekend and noticing how awesome my butt looked. ;) More satisfying than seeing the scale move!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Mentiri wrote: »
    For me, it's not the scale but the external validation that I miss. Pretty much everyone I know has gotten used to the new (100 pounds smaller!) me, and I don't get the support and congrats for maintaining that I did for losing. And while I set myself new fitness goals and continue to enjoy meeting them, again it's not the kind of thing other people really notice! I can always cheer myself up by trying on my size 2 clothes and admiring myself in the mirror, though. :p

I am starting over after regaining 90 lbs. I did NOT like the comments I got while losing weight. I don't know why, but it was very uncomfortable for me. However, it has been pretty horrible catching the expressions on people's faces as they see me fat again...I just don't feel comfortable with the scrutiny and the comments either way. I need a tougher skin. I would like to wear size 2 clothes. And by way of validating you, you look great! Keep up the good work! -K
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    tahxirez wrote: »
    So I'm in the process of transitioning to maintenance right now. I'm struggling to hit my calorie goals and I'm used to coming in under so the numbers in green make me happy. Anyone else struggle to hit their calorie goals? I'm afraid of adding in high calorie options for fear of returning to my old ways...

I don't really have this problem, I always eat every last calorie! :) But I never really gave up high calorie foods even while losing weight. I look forward to a cup of m&ms or a couple cookies every evening!!

Thanks for all the great responses everyone! It's interesting because I never really liked the attention that came from the weight loss so I'm perfectly happy that it has stopped. But it was definitely a reminder that I was losing so it was a change when the comments stopped. Non-scale victory was buying a pair of size 5 jeans this weekend and noticing how awesome my butt looked. ;) More satisfying than seeing the scale move!

I never fully gave up anything either but I'm a volume eater so I did naturally gravitate towards lower calorie bulk. I HATE the comments! Fat, skinny, blue or purple my body is not yours to comment on! I particularly hate the "you're wasting away" comments...no I'm quite healthy thank you :)