What do you do for a living? Is it active.

Options
2»

Replies

• rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Nurse. Usually log 5 to 6 miles in 8 hour shift. Lots of bending, lifting, pushing. CPR is pretty strenuous- glad that's not a daily occurrence.
  • bumsa2016
    bumsa2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Teacher. I usually stay fairly active throughout the day.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Virtual call center manager by day, grad school student by night.

My butt has a close personal relationship with my desk chair.
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    in short sales, so sitting in the office all day, only activity is when i go to toilet, i hate myself for that but such is life
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    high school teacher....lightly active. About 6500 steps when I leave work. Advantage is I have an awesome gym I use regularly at school, and I tend to go for jogs/walks at lunch (which can push my steps up to 12000). I even bike to work (45 mins) if I have the time and weather is decent.
    So,,the job itself is moderately active but it allows me to get in a few workouts
  • savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a full time student, not employed right now. Working towards being a virologist or working within disease research.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Sysadmin. We're known for our physical prowess.

sysadmin1-300x227.jpg

^^ This, me too. Fingers overdeveloped from typing.
  • mmanchester68
    mmanchester68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Deputy Director of Emergency Management and 911, so that's mostly office work. Also a volunteer firefighter and part-time EMT, so some days are much more active than others.
  • LexiM1028
    LexiM1028 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I work in a county jail. A lot of walking. Not much more.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Mental Health Biostatistician/Epidemiologist.

My steps include trips to the bathroom and the printer. I don't even get those extra steps to the break room, anymore, because I now have a mini fridge under my desk. I do have an under-the-desk stair master and take walks on breaks. I also work on the second floor (wish it was the 20th floor) and take the stairwell.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I sit all day, so I work out during work, and some people get laughs. But I dare you to laugh and be able to hold in your laughter as I walk by your desk going "baaaaaaaa" :3