What is your biggest challenges with nutrition and exercise?

Options

Replies

• mawdestmeri
    mawdestmeri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Balancing social life + healthy lifestyle activities. I am on point 98% of the time if I remove myself from the social scene, i.e., I wake at 5am, I track all my food, I drink a gallon of water a day, I get some sort of physical activity in, I eat clean (no dairy, alcohol, sugar, processed foods), and go to bed around 930 to get at minimum 7.5 hours of sleep.

But, I am the "OMG did you call Mawdestmeri to go out with us" girl bc I can totally bring the fun (hehehe). But, it throws me off-kilter and takes me WEEKS to get back into a routine :(

It's hard to strike that balance but I am slowly learning how to say "No" when I need to!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    gmath1976 wrote: »
    Great responses :) so what would it take to make you eat healthy at least 90% of the time?

The way I feel definitely. Eating better (according to my own personal definition) really helps with my energy level and my moods. Even then, eating healthy 90% of the time is a bit much for me. I'm probably closer to 80%.
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love chips. Especially hot cheetos with hot sauce, very hard to quit those!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My hunger level when i've been hitting the gym really hard. I could easily eat 4,000 calories a day if left to my own devices. :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Patience, especially taking it slower on fitness. I tend to push myself too hard, considering my age and physical impairments, and end up injured. I don't really have any issues with eating healthy and within my goals.
  • vegasleo79
    vegasleo79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @mawdestmeri oh i am the same exact way!! It can be so hard to incorporate the fun, social stuff without me wanting that to be the new norm.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love eating food.

Yeah, this.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Being patient. Wouldn't it great if we could all meet our goals overnight :)

That.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I love eating food.

Yeah, this.

and that
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    It is going to take lots of patience and learning for me to eat healthy and exercise 90% of the time. I have lots to learn along the way, but it is coming.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I always feel hungry. After my 4000 calorie thanksgiving meal, I still ate 1000 more calories in pie because I didn't feel full.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I feel super motivated to exercise and now know I need to track my food to be successful, but my biggest hurdle right now is my depression. It feels like I'm trying to wade through jello to live life. I'm getting all kinds of physical pains and my brain is giving me a solid message to give up constantly. Exercise has been key to giving me consistent better moods, but after having them put me up for so long I'll hit a down and it'll just feel like hell to me.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Definitely the toughest part for me is patience. I've come a long way, having lost 30 pounds in the last 14 weeks. But it just doesn't feel like I'm losing FAST ENOUGH, you know? Even though I know I am losing at a perfectly good pace. I just want it to HURRY UP... I still have like 50 pounds to go.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I feel like this might be two different things for me.

1. Nutrition. Too many social occasions. I'm good if I'm home or at work, but if everyone jumped off a bridge into a giant pizza....I'm jumping too. Group Eat syndrome. lol

2. Exercise - stress fractures. After years of not exercising I found that I am a fat chick that loves to run. But, running is like a bad ex boyfriend who doesn't love me back and wants to make me pay for my past indiscretions. Over the last 2 years any time I run more than twice a week or more than like 6 miles per week I get multiple stress fractures in my tibias. No one knows why. I've been to multiple doctors, orthopedists, had a gait analysis, bloodwork (I'm in normal range for every known electrolyte including calcium and vitamin D), and had 3 different running stores watch me run, evaluate my shoes, and make suggestions. So I run twice a week for awhile, get hurt, and then don't want to exercise anymore.
  • MyPathway
    MyPathway Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would say social events:

- People telling you: "you are fine, you don't have to count your intake tonight! its our party night" <- I get this at least once a week

- Or friends like this: "To lose weight you should do like me and workout at 5am every morning and stop eating anything that contain gluten" <- we all know someone like that right?

- Restaurants that don't have nutritional info but that all your friends really enjoy so you end up there too often anyway... <- I try to pick the healthiest thing on the menu and cut the portion in half

- Alcohol at a party (before party: I'll take only 2 glass of wine / the next morning: oh god what have i done)
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Consistency.

It's easy to eat well and move more for a while. But to do it forever? That's Hard with a capital H.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I like sweet things.
    Being patient. Wouldn't it great if we could all meet our goals overnight :)

These 2 things the most. I love exercise now so it's not an issue.
    Not getting a giant iced coffee or chocolate croissant is an issue.
    And losing a pound a month instead of a pound a week is super frustrating. But I'm moving towards acceptance. It's a process.
  • tgrzela
    tgrzela Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hardest thing for me is finding time for myself to get a good workout....between my kids competitive dance and tier 3 soccer...they have me going all over 7 days a wk....and I don't want to wake up at 2 am or workout at 10pm...
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Exhaustion. I don't get enough sleep, which leads to poor workout performance (or even skipped workouts) and lack of meal prep.
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Time...