Name your favorite 200 calorie dinner- HELP!

Options
Hi,
I prelogged myself some wine for a celebration tonight, leaving me a measly 200-250 cal for dinner. I will fix myself something before I go. I know it's not ideal but I am trying to say on track and still enjoy myself. I worked out extra this am too. What are you favorite easy filling calorically ( real word?!) cheap dinners? Go!
thanks in advance!

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    200 cals for dinner? Pasta Zero. I can't think of anything else that is only 200 calories that will fill you up like a regular dinner.
  • lx3tx
    lx3tx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Quaker has a protein oatmeal that I eat in situations like this. It's 240 calories.
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Egg on toast about all I can think of x
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    A tin of tuna and some salad. :)
  • laurelh8
    laurelh8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Chicken Vegetable soup? My homemade soup has about 170 calories for a 400 g serving. How about canned soup if you don't have time to cook?
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For a low calorie meal I go to a green salad, with some protein like egg and a light dressing. Good luck.
  • a0akley
    a0akley Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What is pasta zero? @girlwithcurls2, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have been right on all week and finally seeing a budge on my scale that I have been waiting for. I really dont want to mess it up for the sake of this little party, but it's to celebrate ME so I want to enjoy myself too. I could just skip the wine and have a regular dinner, but I feel like I'd rather be a little hungry and have a drink or two.... all while not ruining my one week weigh-in tomorrow. I sound nuts don't I?! Oh well. Just trying to balance it all out
  • lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    A can of chicken or tuna and veggies and lots of water that should fill you up and will be around 250 calories
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Dude.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    85 g canned tuna in oil, over approximately 47 g baby spinach (one third of a 142 g bag) with 15 g of toasted pumpkin seeds thrown in. I eat this all the time for lunch. The spinach makes it a lot more filling for me, for a measly 20 or so more calories.
  • a0akley
    a0akley Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thank you to all for the ideas. I guess I need to clarify that I do not do this all of the time, and as I said in my original post, I realize it is not ideal. As in, it sounds lame when you say it out loud but I have been struggling for weeks to get on track and I am bound and determined that I am going to stay there. Wine and all. cheers!
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Steamed spinach, a can of tuna in water, half tsp of peanut butter for dessert
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    If you're hellbent on staying that low, I would do a salad for sure.

Be sure and include protein- I am pescatarian, so I would do a tin of tuna or a serving of cold beans.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Pita pizza on Joseph's low carb high protein pita bread. It's my dinner every Sunday night to make up for my Saturday surplus. Yummy!bttne3oecuck.png
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just eat to maintenance today. You won't gain weight so you won't be sabotaging your progress. That said, lunch is my biggest meal of the day so dinner sometimes does end up at a low calorie when I don't feel like preparing something elaborate. My to-go fast dinner, tuna salad. Tuna, tomatoes, pickles, garlic, lemon juice, dill weed, some olive oil and a few capers.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Tenders and Steamed Broccoli. I'm not sure how much you can have for 250 calories, but I've been there and that was my go to.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna on a low cal slice of toast with the littlest bit of cheese.

Two eggs and a sausage.

Soup!

Lean cuisine, protein bar, half a can of chili.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    staying in goal is one thing but to the point where you can only have 200 calories for dinner...yah no.

Mind you I ate a 160 calorie lunch...lean cuisine chicken in wine sauce.