Back again with pregnancy weight update, and freaking out.

Options
1235»

Replies

• ArtsyDarling
    ArtsyDarling Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    ... became so pretty and skinny....

-shifty eyes @ this part-

That's what people were telling me.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you! I cannot seem to insert links today. Was fighting with that!

Eta: quoting not working either. Thanks kshama2001!
  • ArtsyDarling
    ArtsyDarling Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    @ArtsyDarling, I am clearly not a woman, but my wife is. When she got pregnant with our first child she was a very petite little thing, she ate under her calories every day, she was a lifetime member of weight watchers, and was in very good shape. When she got pregnant at each doctor visit she gained more and more weight and she could not figure out why. Well she spoke to her doctor and because of how little she was eating pre-pregnancy and the calories she now needed to consume for the baby, she found out her body was in a state of starvation mode so when she began to eat a little more for the pregnancy her body was holding on to more calories than most other people. Once our son was born she dropped all the weight and got down to almost her pre-pregnancy weight.

Secondly I am a professional, classically trained Executive Chef and I know the struggles of meal planning on a budget. I am willing to help you by giving you some quick inexpensive healthy recipes, and meal ideas. Please let me know if that is something you are interested in.

That definitely is some i am interested in.!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where your family got breastfeeding takes up too much time from..

Compared to buying formula, preparing bottles, washing bottles, sterilising bottles, heating up the formula. I know which one I'd choose for it's time saving benefits...
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    kind of sounds like you might have PPD which you can get while pregnant. 195 lbs may feel large to you, but your really not that badly off. I was 290 when I got pregnant and my OB did not want me to actively try to lose weight. Around 25+ weeks tends to be when your going to gain, most of it is increased blood, fluid and the baby so not purely fat.

Not trying to be mean, but you can still have control over what you eat even if it somehow has to be fast food.

Echoing what above members all say, talk to your OB.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    jen_bush wrote: »
    The most important thing is to do what's right for the baby. Don't dwell on it too much and enjoy this beautiful time <3 You'll get back to where you were after birth the healthy way - don't worry. It is normal for women to put on weight to be able to carry a healthy baby. I understand your fears, because I used to have an ED too, but just try to calm yourself down and make sure you get the support you need from your family and doctors. Good luck, girly <3

Thank you :) Lots of people keep saying you should only gain 35lbs and i'm like i surpassed that already, im getting so fat. That's whats clouding my judgement. I've had a few women tell me they gained 60- 80 lbs but not very many. I felt like it wasn't normal for me too.

That was talked about in another thread. The fact you were anorexic plays a role in your weight gain too. Going back to eating regular amounts of food will spike your weight, pregnancy aside.

If your doctor isn't worried about your weight gain, then you shouldn't be. If you are, ask.
    I understand the concern with the "recommended" weight. I too was upset I gained more than that. I asked my doctor and her response was we will worry about that in September (I was due in August).
    35lb is an average for women who are within a normal weight range. It isn't written in stone. Healthy women can gain more.
    To be honest, I stopped asking for the weight update at my check ins because it was stressing me. I didn't weigh at home. I have no idea what my total weight gain was but I know I was over the 35 for sure. It doesn't matter now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I put on a little over 50lbs with my first baby. She came out plump, perfect and happy and that's all i cared about. Pregnancy weight usually drops off naturally without much effort. Having said this, I would make your doctors well aware of your ED history after bub is born so they can come up with a workable plan for you.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Limit your intake of salty foods. It can increase water retention, which could very well be putting on the extra pounds. You can exercise while pregnant. I put on 70 lbs when I was pregnant and all off it came off within a few months after delivery and I didn't breastfeed at all. Just eat the recommended amount of calories for a healthy pregnancy and log what you eat. Just know that if you do decide to breastfeed, you'll have to eat more calories to keep up your milk supply. However WIC will provide you with free formula if you decide not to breastfeed.

I have decided to breastfeed. My family keeps telling me it will take up too much of my time though.

Feeding your baby will take up too much time... what the actual f***????? :huh: :noway:

Maybe she was going to get a wet nurse. So much time to be saved.

Did you actually read the post I was quoting?

I missed this reply.

Are wet nurses still a common thing?

I was under the impression that they are not.

As such, I was joking.

Ah, typed humor and its lack of subtle clues.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Limit your intake of salty foods. It can increase water retention, which could very well be putting on the extra pounds. You can exercise while pregnant. I put on 70 lbs when I was pregnant and all off it came off within a few months after delivery and I didn't breastfeed at all. Just eat the recommended amount of calories for a healthy pregnancy and log what you eat. Just know that if you do decide to breastfeed, you'll have to eat more calories to keep up your milk supply. However WIC will provide you with free formula if you decide not to breastfeed.

I have decided to breastfeed. My family keeps telling me it will take up too much of my time though.

Feeding your baby will take up too much time... what the actual f***????? :huh: :noway:

I missed this reply.

As such, I was joking.

You need to step up your game, geez!
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Having my first at 19, we were in this trap too. Dollar menu to get both of us full meant like $6. It seemed cheaper. It's not. Now, I'm 30 and I feed a blended family of 7.5 (I'm 14 weeks) on $120-150 a week, $200 during summer when the kids are home and inhaling every thing all day erry day. This family includes a 36 year old man with an active job, 14 year old twins (one the size of a grown man and VERY active), a 13 year old, a 10 year old, and an 8 year old. And we eat well, no one walks away hungry. I find two new recipes a week to keep us from getting bored. budgetbytes.com changed my life. I make a meal plan for the week and a grocery list to that meal plan.

If you are choosing options like grilled and wrapped, you are making the best choice you can eating fast food. My first pregnancy I had aaaaaall the McChickens with no mayo and $1 side salads. You're doing what you can. But getting your boyfriend on board with this, you will find that you'll have better control of your weight. Cooking from home you have more control, you can eat filling cheap healthy things that will nourish the two of you. And when the sodium drops a bit and you get healthier food on board, your weight will stabilize.

I agree, call your doctor and schedule an appointment to talk about your weight immediately. Tell them you are in crisis and are panicking and are having concerning thoughts about your pregnancy.

There are many people here who can help if you can get your boyfriend on board. You say he is not a monster, and he is doing his best. Do you work? If you do, stop giving him all your money. If you don't, you can apply for food stamps. You're pregnant. They will nourish you, and WIC is a great resource too. I utilized both of them when I was pregnant at 19.

Take a deep breath and ENJOY YOUR PREGNANCY. How many times are you going to get to be pregnant in your life? You can make it the rest of the way healthily. Many people have offered to help, I am happy to as well.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Also, does your bf know how bad you are freaking out over this?
    That might be a way to put it to him. You're freaking out. Your diet isn't good for the baby. Your panic isn't good for the baby. He should be helping you find a solution. I understand he is doing his best. It's time to try something different though, and he needs to get on board.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    Any good doctor will tell you to limit salt if you are retaining water weight/bloating excessively. I've had 2 babies and was told BOTH times to limit salt intake because I was blowing up like a balloon. It is also true that breastfeeding burns more calories than formula feeding (obviously) so a mother can eat more calories.

That's some of the problem with fast food. It tends to be high in salt.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    +1 for Aldi.... you can buy there WAYYYY less than other stores, especially for staples, in-season produce, etc.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I missed this reply.

As such, I was joking.

You need to step up your game, geez!

/shameface