Back again with pregnancy weight update, and freaking out.

Options
I am 195.5 lbs now, I am going nuts. I am having bad thoughts. I don't want to eat, I want to do things the right way but the pounds won't stop packing on. I'm stuck eating fast food because I do not have control over the money so we eat what we have to to survive. Can't go grocery shopping. I almost wish I wasn't pregnant. I wish I could go back to December and feel like 140 lbs again. It's so embarrassing to go see people I know because the last time they saw me I had lost all this weight and became so pretty and skinny and now I am almost back up to where I was and I am only 25 weeks pregnant. It's not like I have only a month to go, I have a long time to put on probably 50 more lbs.

Can I lose weight while pregnant?

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    You need to relax
  • ArtsyDarling
    ArtsyDarling Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    You need to relax

Thanks that helps.
  • MultipleHigh5s
    MultipleHigh5s Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You need to talk to your doctor. You may be at risk for gestational diabetes. And only your doctor can tell you if it is safe to go on a calorie deficit while pregnant.

That being said my dr told me not to gain much more than 25 lbs during my pregnancy. I gained 40lbs by 40 weeks, it was fine.
  • ArtsyDarling
    Options
    You need to talk to your doctor. You may be at risk for gestational diabetes. And only your doctor can tell you if it is safe to go on a calorie deficit while pregnant.

That being said my dr told me not to gain much more than 25 lbs during my pregnancy. I gained 40lbs by 40 weeks, it was fine.

I just saw my doctor a week ago, she hasn't mentioned a thing about my weight gain. I was anorexic right before I had found out I was pregnant. Even talked to a dietitian about a month ago, she didn't say anything about my weight gain.
  • ArtsyDarling
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    If you've put on that much weight in 25 weeks and are knowingly eating unhealthy food you should probably go see your doctor. It is not healthy for you or the baby to gain huge amounts of weight and puts you at a higher risk for complications like gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, among other things. This is talk to a doctor not the Internet type stuff...

Just saw my doctor not that long ago, she hasn't said anything about my weight gain, my next appointment is the 19th.
  • laurelh8
    laurelh8 Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    jryan83 wrote: »
    Most states have some kind of WIC program for expecting moms who are struggling financially. If you can get some of those benefits you will be able to get much healthier groceries and start cooking meals. You really need to look into it, for you and your baby. That's why these programs exist!

This is excellent advice.
  • ArtsyDarling
    Options
    You need to relax

Thanks that helps.

Since you didn't like my original answer, I'll elaborate.

Almost every comment you got on your last thread advised you to talk to your doctor. In this thread you've mentioned twice that your doctor didn't say anything about your weight. Did you ask the doctor about it? Did you talkabout your weight? It's your responsibility to bring up your concerns and worries. They don't read minds.

You said you were anorexic right before you fell pregnant. Does your doctor know that? Have you talked about it? Are you still displaying anorexic tendencies? (I'd say yes to that one but I'm not the doctor).

If you can't go grocery shopping now how are you planning on losing weight while pregnant? Not eating? You need to talk to your doctor. Tell them everything you've said here. Even the things they might already know.

And for your sake and more importantly your baby's,

You need to relax.

Yes my doctor knows I was anorexic, The first thing I told her when I met her.
  • ArtsyDarling
    Options
    laurelh8 wrote: »
    jryan83 wrote: »
    Most states have some kind of WIC program for expecting moms who are struggling financially. If you can get some of those benefits you will be able to get much healthier groceries and start cooking meals. You really need to look into it, for you and your baby. That's why these programs exist!

This is excellent advice.

I just looked up all of the info on that, i'll call them tomorrow when they are open, Thank you both.
  • alyssa0061
    Options
    You need to relax

Thanks that helps.

Almost every comment you got on your last thread advised you to talk to your doctor. In this thread you've mentioned twice that your doctor didn't say anything about your weight. Did you ask the doctor about it? Did you talkabout your weight? It's your responsibility to bring up your concerns and worries. They don't read minds.

You said you were anorexic right before you fell pregnant. Does your doctor know that? Have you talked about it? Are you still displaying anorexic tendencies? (I'd say yes to that one but I'm not the doctor).

If you can't go grocery shopping now how are you planning on losing weight while pregnant? Not eating? You need to talk to your doctor. Tell them everything you've said here. Even the things they might already know.

You need to relax.

You ignored all my other questions which leads me to believe that you have not brought it up with your doctor.

If you're looking for approval on losing weight while pregnant you're not going to find it here. Especially for an anorexic. That would just be enabling the behavior.
  • alyssa0061
    Options
    I forgot about the other troubling part of your original post. That you almost wish you weren't pregnant. I think the only thing you can do at this point is talk to your doctor, ask for a referral to a therapist and talk to someone about all of this. You need to worry about what's going on in your mind right now, not the number on the scale.
  • ArtsyDarling
    Options
    You need to relax

Thanks that helps.

You need to relax.

You ignored all my other questions which leads me to believe that you have not brought it up with your doctor.

If you're looking for approval on losing weight while pregnant you're not going to find it here. Especially for an anorexic. That would just be enabling the behavior.

Actually my doctor does know, it's even listed on a health chart she posts online and no my tendencies are not there, thoughts yes. I don't skip meals, i even eat snacks. As for asking her about my weight, no I have not. Was I looking for possible ways to lose weight while pregnant yes, do I know my baby is more important yes, if I didn't know that then I would've relapsed long ago, trust me. I am just looking for some support and so good tips and advice from some people who may have shared the same experiences.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If you can afford fast food, then you can afford to buy groceries, which will actually save you money. Why do you have to eat fast food? What do you mean you do not have control over the money? Who is controlling your money? If you lack control of your finances because you're in an abusive relationship, you should seek help and leave before your child is born. If you're not sure where to get help and what resources are available, PM me.
  • ArtsyDarling
    Options
    You need to relax

Thanks that helps.

You need to relax.

And heres some advice for you, instead of attacking someone who has some obvious problems and self destructing behavior maybe you could I don't know be a little less harsh. There's a difference between that and honesty. Luckily I am not THAT fragile. Be careful what you say because responding the way you did can enable the behavior. It definitely didn't make me feel good.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You need to relax

Thanks that helps.

You need to relax.

Actually my doctor does know, it's even listed on a health chart she posts online and no my tendencies are not there, thoughts yes. I don't skip meals, i even eat snacks. As for asking her about my weight, no I have not. Was I looking for possible ways to lose weight while pregnant yes, do I know my baby is more important yes, if I didn't know that then I would've relapsed long ago, trust me. I am just looking for some support and so good tips and advice from some people who may have shared the same experiences.

Tell your doctor everything you have posted here. Why ask here but not the person monitoring your healthcare?
  • ArtsyDarling
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »
    You need to relax

Thanks that helps.

You need to relax.

Tell your doctor everything you have posted here. Why ask here but not the person monitoring your healthcare?

Well honestly most of the times I feel fine about my pregnancy, I run to places like this when I am panicking. My weight gain is always in the back of my head yes but I usually don't let it get to me until something triggers it. I do stupid things sometimes like "hey I should weigh myself today". Then I cry and look for things like "pregnancy and anorexia" on the internet to see if what I was going through was "Normal" for someone like me and I can't ever find anything. Then my boyfriend comes home and makes me feel better and I push it all out of my mind. That's the process anyways. I asked about exercise while pregnant, she said I can do anything except weight lifting and she didn't recommend running. Diet is my biggest hurdle. i've done good with how much I eat, it's what I eat.
  • Moniela1011
    Moniela1011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Limit your intake of salty foods. It can increase water retention, which could very well be putting on the extra pounds. You can exercise while pregnant. I put on 70 lbs when I was pregnant and all off it came off within a few months after delivery and I didn't breastfeed at all. Just eat the recommended amount of calories for a healthy pregnancy and log what you eat. Just know that if you do decide to breastfeed, you'll have to eat more calories to keep up your milk supply. However WIC will provide you with free formula if you decide not to breastfeed.