Back Fat Blues-Share progress/success stories or pics!

fit4itall
fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
Hey,

I'm making OK progress I guess, but one constant source of annoyance is my backfat! I know it will go away eventually, but a little worried that I might need to go too far BELOW my preferred weight in order to lose it. I say this because even at my lowest about 5 years ago, I still had fat "creases" (not as bad as a roll, but not completely smooth either...just plain stubborn lol). At that weight I didn't want to lose even another 5lbs because I felt I would look odd (I am "v" shaped with broad shoulders and much thinner thighs/legs).

So...can you please share your backfat stories? If it is/was an issue for you, has it gone away? How close to your goal did you get before it went away completely? Did you lose weight in areas you would have preferred to stay bigger, or was it just those last few lbs that did it w/o making a noticeable difference elsewhere? Any exercises you found helpful (I personally am not looking to gain muscle definition in my back. Maybe very little, but not anything that will add bulk or width).

Yes, I know that everyone loses weight differently, so not expecting that I'll achieve your specific results. I just find it encouraging to hear from people who have achieved or are making progress in this area.

Thank you! <3

Replies

• shakeirawhitney
    shakeirawhitney Posts: 74 Member
    Bump.....i want to see also.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    I am no where near my goal weight, but having said that, there is a lot of movement in your back so you will have skin there that moves. Also, I recently started swimming and while you can't spot focus removing fat, I have noticed I have lost a couple of inches on my bra band size. Now it could just be part of an all over loss, but thought I would share. Good luck!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,469 Member
    Seems I noticed my waist and lower tummy lost inches of fat first, next legs, now its melting off evenly all over. I'll get all soft and squishy loose like for a week, then it melts away. Upper arms and back seem slow, but not really too much slower.

Keep on doing what you are doing, you're a success so far. Probably the rest is next!
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    I actually don't take pictures of my back all that often.
    The September picture was from when I started working out again after my 2nd was born (not my heaviest weight), I was in the low 180's (I'm 5'4.5"). The April picture was earlier this month the day my new bikini came in the mail and I was taken pictures from all angles to make sure it fit okay. I'm in the low 120's now.
    mbvcaxzljnx8.jpg

I noticed the most changes in my back once I started lifting (Stronglifts 5x5).

U look great !!
  • fit4itall
    I actually don't take pictures of my back all that often.
    The September picture was from when I started working out again after my 2nd was born (not my heaviest weight), I was in the low 180's (I'm 5'4.5"). The April picture was earlier this month the day my new bikini came in the mail and I was taken pictures from all angles to make sure it fit okay. I'm in the low 120's now.
    mbvcaxzljnx8.jpg

I noticed the most changes in my back once I started lifting (Stronglifts 5x5).

WOW, that is a HUGE change! Your hourglass figure is really poppin' now too! Amazing!
  • fit4itall
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Seems I noticed my waist and lower tummy lost inches of fat first, next legs, now its melting off evenly all over. I'll get all soft and squishy loose like for a week, then it melts away. Upper arms and back seem slow, but not really too much slower.

Keep on doing what you are doing, you're a success so far. Probably the rest is next!

• fit4itall
    I am no where near my goal weight, but having said that, there is a lot of movement in your back so you will have skin there that moves. Also, I recently started swimming and while you can't spot focus removing fat, I have noticed I have lost a couple of inches on my bra band size. Now it could just be part of an all over loss, but thought I would share. Good luck!

Thanks! I wish I could swim. Took lessons a few summers ago and everything, and it just didn't click LOL. Maybe I'll try again this year when I sign my daughter up...
  • fit4itall
    wbgylsu31cxo.jpg

I know what you mean about back fat. Here's my before and current pictures. Still a work in progress!

Looking good! The rolls are gone! Thank you, this is inspiring :)<3
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Thanks for sharing! It's motivating to see
    The changes!
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Weight training really will help with back fat :) I still have some by my arm pits, but the weights have helped everywhere else :) (not sure how to upload pics?)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I'm in the losing phase..but have been at my goal weight before.. all you have to do is lose all your weight and the back fat will go away. It is the last place to go… :(
  • fit4itall
    lizwooshy wrote: »
    fyjyb8.jpg

Thank you, looking good!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Sorry, I do not have any pictures to share.

However, I have seen a LOT of back pictures from women who work out with weights, and they have some amazing back progress. Just in case you aren't working with weights at all...trying it out may help. If you eat a certain way while lifting you won't lose more weight but can re-composition.
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    I have the same issues about my back fat. I'm gonna try and go harder with my deadlifts and see if that helps. It's very frustrating!
  • fit4itall
    Sorry, I do not have any pictures to share.

However, I have seen a LOT of back pictures from women who work out with weights, and they have some amazing back progress. Just in case you aren't working with weights at all...trying it out may help. If you eat a certain way while lifting you won't lose more weight but can re-composition.

Can the lifting results be achieved with free weights? My gym membership is frozen at the time, and I only have relatively light weights (ranging from 5-25lbs).
  • fit4itall
    edited May 2016
    CJMQ wrote: »
    These pics are only about a 4 pounds difference- it's all about the weightlifting.h1k3n6ud2ae5.jpg

Wow! You look a lot leaner and your waist even smaller in the 2nd pic. If I wasn't convinced before, I am now! I hope something like that can be achieved at home (no space for gym equipment so free weights will have to do for now)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!