Back Fat Blues-Share progress/success stories or pics!

Options
2»

Replies

• fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This was only after 18 days of 30 day shred. My back fat is almost gone :)

qt6obipimtti.jpg

Wow! AWESOME progress!!! Love that workout too!
  • fit4itall
    Options
    *I meant to say light dumbbells (10-25lb), not free weights ( re: if they can help w/backfat since I won't be using gym equipment anytime soon).
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    fit4itall wrote: »
    Sorry, I do not have any pictures to share.

However, I have seen a LOT of back pictures from women who work out with weights, and they have some amazing back progress. Just in case you aren't working with weights at all...trying it out may help. If you eat a certain way while lifting you won't lose more weight but can re-composition.

Can the lifting results be achieved with free weights? My gym membership is frozen at the time, and I only have relatively light weights (ranging from 5-25lbs).

Sorry I don't have pic to share neither, but I recently found myself losing back fat by trying on a dress I bought 2 years ago (didn't try it on for about a year and my weight now is just 3-4 lbs lighter). I'm now 4 months into ICF 5x5, one of the beginner lifting programs using heavy weights. I use dumbbells (17.5-40 lb per hand depends on the workout for upper body) since I don't have any good gym nearby & not much space at home for barbell/ plates. As far as your concern, a pair of 25 lbs might be enough at the moment for certain upper body workouts (bench press, overhead press, etc... At least this applies to my situation), but if you want a good, progressive result, those 25 lbs will soon be too light for you. Yes you can try those you have first to check your limit, but just bare this in mind... I had a similar question when I decided to start this program and ended up buying that pair of Bowflex :blush: (5-10 lbs are still useful for shoulder workouts, but I doubt their effectiveness for the back since they're light and back muscles are big muscles). :smile:
  • fit4itall
    Options
    fit4itall wrote: »
    Sorry, I do not have any pictures to share.

However, I have seen a LOT of back pictures from women who work out with weights, and they have some amazing back progress. Just in case you aren't working with weights at all...trying it out may help. If you eat a certain way while lifting you won't lose more weight but can re-composition.

Can the lifting results be achieved with free weights? My gym membership is frozen at the time, and I only have relatively light weights (ranging from 5-25lbs).

Sorry I don't have pic to share neither, but I recently found myself losing back fat by trying on a dress I bought 2 years ago (didn't try it on for about a year and my weight now is just 3-4 lbs lighter). I'm now 4 months into ICF 5x5, one of the beginner lifting programs using heavy weights. I use dumbbells (17.5-40 lb per hand depends on the workout for upper body) since I don't have any good gym nearby & not much space at home for barbell/ plates. As far as your concern, a pair of 25 lbs might be enough at the moment for certain upper body workouts (bench press, overhead press, etc... At least this applies to my situation), but if you want a good, progressive result, those 25 lbs will soon be too light for you. Yes you can try those you have first to check your limit, but just bare this in mind... I had a similar question when I decided to start this program and ended up buying that pair of Bowflex :blush: (5-10 lbs are still useful for shoulder workouts, but I doubt their effectiveness for the back since they're light and back muscles are big muscles). :smile:

Thank you!!!

• dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Since the first photo was taken I lost around 15kg.. I still have way to go but it already feels soooo much better! ud5vt89obkni.jpg

You look great there is no fat left oh your back, I hope my back turns out as well as yours.
  • fit4itall
    Options
    Since the first photo was taken I lost around 15kg.. I still have way to go but it already feels soooo much better! ud5vt89obkni.jpg

Huge change, you look great! I'm loving these!!!
  • carrie197618
    carrie197618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh wow..you look awesome. Can you please tell me what kind of workouts you did???
  • afterglowme
    afterglowme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you girls so much! You just made my day! To be honest I am not exercising apart from a lot of walking, I find it easier to stick to the new eating habits alone rather than stressing myself with diet and working out together (It haven't worked in the past).
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I was looking thru past stories and came across this one on back fat which is a big issue for me and I want to say you all look terrific and are such an inspiration! This may just be the extra motivation I need!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration
  • fat2fitbunana
    fat2fitbunana Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I gained weight in my back during pregnancy and yeah...it's gross. No matter where you put that darned bra strap...there is a bulge.
    My game plan is to work those muscles more than anywhere else now to tighten.
    That's also my advice to you and I'd do a lot of leg weight training to balance out your lower half.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!