KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »
    Slow weight loss is fantastic.

I love this. My new mantra!

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeffrey, I took a look at your diary over the last few weeks, and the thing I noticed is that your food selections are all over the place and many of the entries are either generic or completely off base and incorrect.
    To help get back on track, pick up a digital food scale, weigh all solids (in grams, it's more accurate), measure all liquids. Use the MFP database and take the time to look for and use accurate entries. You don't have to give up the things you love, you still can have beer, wings, pizza, cookies, whatever floats your boat, but you need to make it work within your calorie allotment. You can do this :)
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Quit and you're sure to toss all that hard work out the window and join the wide bodies. This is where mental toughness, determination and persistence comes in.
  • PAF01
    PAF01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Jeffrey, I can relate to everything you are saying, "but" never give up. I have health issues that cause a lot of pain throughout my body. I have a very difficult time exercising regularly because I can wipe myself out doing housework. I am certainly not going to do high impact, high intensity exercises anytime soon. And, I have been a vegetarian for many years and you would think a vegetarian would not have weight issues, but I do.

I have been on every diet program known to man, and I have had very little success with weight loss. My weight just stays the same, or it goes up and down like a yo yo. It has been very frustrating! I started this program as a teaching tool to learn about myself and to finally lose the weight. Never give up!

I am learning quite a bit about my diet since I came on this program. I started to realize that I have been eating far too many carbohydrate and sugar foods, and that I wasn't focusing on eating the right healthy food. I don't think we have to live on carrots to lose weight; we just need to stay "focused" and committed to our quest and our plight. I am increasing protein rich food into my diet, and I know that any movement is better than none.

"Little steps" can make a difference. Don't be hard on yourself; try to remain positive and if all that walking is causing pain, try Pilates, yoga, and possibly get some advice from a PT, doctor, or Fitness Trainer on low impact exercise in which you move to your tolerance level a couple of times per day instead of one time per day. Never give up because all this can change for you. Don't be hard on yourself, life is too short to be hard on yourself.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary. I'd recommend learning to cook. You eat alot of the same things over and over. Some people like it that way, but you're complaining about how you don't like what you're eating. Change it up a bit, weigh everything on a digital scale--be accurate, measure all liquids. Try some new exercises. There are things that will be easier on your back. Swimming is good. I also second mild yoga, since it can help back pain. It's hard when you're frustrated, but you can do it. As someone above said--never give up. Keep trying new things until you find what works.