From 270 to 148. Finally not Overweight by BMI.

Options

Replies

• strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I am starting out at about the same weight, and it can be very discouraging at times but I'm glad to know that it is possible! Do you have any problems with loose skin since you have lost so much?
  • LyndaMRou
    LyndaMRou Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look fabulous and good for you for working so hard to get there. I know the feeling about being excited and wanting to share -- I'm starting to get to that range for myself, and it's time for some more photos too! Keep up the good work and the weights should really take you the rest of the way there.

Congratulations!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you are so pretty! I can see the confidence you gained! you rock!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    For those of you on here and in my inbox asking for more details on my plan:

All I did was count calories for the first 2/3 of my weight loss. I ate 1,000 calories under what I burned a day, in order to lose two pounds a week. When I had gotten small enough that eating 1000 calories under what I burned a day, was below 1200 calories, I stopped lowering my calorie intake as I lost weight. Instead, I started exercising so I could continue to eat 1,200 calories a day while still getting to lose around two pounds a week. The weight loss slows down gradually the more you lose, so now I don't always lose two pounds in one week. In the beginning I was losing over 2 pounds a week consistently.

The last 1/4 of my diet this far, I started eating vegan. I didn't do it for the weight loss I did it for my health. I have no gallbladder and eating a lot of grease and fat was making me very ill with abdominal cramps and frequent trips to the bathroom (If you catch my drift.) I think it's actually a bit harder to eat vegan and stay under my calorie goal that it was back when I ate meat and animal products. I feel much healthier now and I have my blood-work regularly monitored by a doctor to make sure I'm ok.

As for exercise, I now do three days on, one day off of 30-40 min of cardio. I use an elliptical. Hope this helps!

Sounds like you have a solid (and healthful) plan that works for you! Keep it up and you will reach your goal/s in no time!

The one thing we can all take from her amazing transformation is her ability to remain consistent. During each phase of her journey, she was and continues to be consistent with what she was/is doing. I believe including a doctor/ health care professional is always key when making any drastic changes to the body or nutrition and it was good to see you discussing that as well.

Kudos to you! Your hard work is paying off and you look fab!!!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    You look absolutely phenomenal!!!! Awesome dedication and work.
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fab, what a brilliant transformation! (And I want to steal your outfit, you totally rock)
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • mygrey
    mygrey Posts: 1
    Options
    You look great. Congrats. Hard work, you should be very proud.
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Apologize? Never! I couldn't ever tire of reading your story! You're awesome!
  • rueben44
    rueben44 Posts: 6
    Options
    Can I add to the comments by saying wow great job. Stories like your gives everyone hope and motivation!!!
  • scottdisalvo3
    Options
    You look great! you are definitely a HOTTIE now
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wohooooo!!!! You look great!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Wonderful to see consistency and hard work pay off, keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • dllewis7
    dllewis7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - you should be proud. WTG. More than how you look, is how you feel - healthy.

-Debra
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep it up!!! :drinker:
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I love to see the before-and-after pics, so don't ever apologize for posting. Thx, also for the info on how you did it. I'm suffering in this heat and haven't exercised in over a week, so it's good to know that one can still lose - or at least not gain - when not exercising. Great job!
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    you were hot before and now you are hotter (and healthier)! awesome job!! I hope to get there one day too!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!