Just a perspective shift, someone here wishes they were as fat as you are!

Options
13»

Replies

• zmida
    zmida Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is so true for me today. I still have 51 pounds until my goal weight and I was feeling "fat" this morning. While in the gym at work, one of my co-workers that is trying to lose weight also said to me, "You look so small." Her perspective and my perspective of my body were totally different. I had tell myself I'm not where I want to be but I'm better than I was yesterday.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I've struggled with feelings of inadequacy, especially lately around someone close to me - she freaks out if she hits 125 meanwhile that's my literal goal weight. We're twins, which makes things especially difficult, I think.

Your post kinda hit home for me. 226 was my starting weight; my current weight might be another woman's start weight. I have had friends express envy towards my weight - something I was ashamed of. I think your post serves as a really wonderful reminder to respect our own individual journeys and to avoid comparing ourselves to others.
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    SonjaCRice wrote: »
    I could not love this thread more! thank you all for helping me get out of my funk this morning! @TheChrissyT I sent you a friend request… i would love to hear what has worked for you :)

Hi! I accepted the request. I'll be a little bit unavailable for the next week since I'll be out of town, but I'll try to get a quick couple of emails off to you before I head out! I'm so grateful that the response to this post as been so positive. I was honestly kind of nervous after I posted it that I had actually admitted openly to checking out my own body and even said the actual poundage where anyone in the world could see! lol But, what the heck... you only live once?
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    zmida wrote: »
    This is so true for me today. I still have 51 pounds until my goal weight and I was feeling "fat" this morning. While in the gym at work, one of my co-workers that is trying to lose weight also said to me, "You look so small." Her perspective and my perspective of my body were totally different. I had tell myself I'm not where I want to be but I'm better than I was yesterday.

Yes! I don't think there's a person out there that REALLY wakes up and feels great about themselves every single day. Everyone has an inner critic, and that critic is probably a judgmental *kitten* about everything. haha I know mine is... It's so nice when you're in a funk about it to have someone else acknowledge your hard work and success. I hope you took that as a perfect reminder to reset your self-image for the day. <3:) Your post made me smile.