soooo I have 820 mfp friends and a lot of positivity and support to share and receive! :)

Options
Hi! I am so happy with my group of mfps!! I post every day and have given and received fabulous support...I don't post all that often in the community but if you're new or early in your fitness transformation adventure then I could be a great connection for you! Please post a short note on goals and/or biggest struggle!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Wow! I need more friends!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'll go first!
    Cast recently removed..physio, calisthenics aka "call a medic I can't move after", walking, Pilates soon

Low stress, smiles, positivity and laughs are key for me...biggest hurdle...maintains this and moving forward every day :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Lol @queenliz99 quality and compatibility is important...everyone needs the right kind of support!!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    A lot of people assume I'm selling something with that many friends and won't connect...really I just enjoy interacting with people...so trying a community post again:)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Please send me a PM if you'd prefer
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

@queenliz99 I guess you're too low quality and incompatible.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    820?? I was excited when I hit 10.

My goals are to get my eating under control because I plan to have a few more decades of doing it and don't want to spend the whole time yo-yo dieting or getting down on myself. But I have to figure out how to do that and still eat dessert because life isn't worth living without dessert ;)

I would like to improve my stamina and endurance to go on longer and more exciting hikes with my husband and puppy. I would also love to improve my bike riding, but more exciting bike rides with my husband mean imminent fear of death in my opinion. He thinks I'm just a weenie.

My biggest struggles are laziness...and cake. I also have a few minor medical issues some of which improve with exercise and some get worse. Not sure yet how weight affects them.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Odd. When I get above 200 active friends, I feel like I need fewer (and used to take steps to rectify this problem...back when I was more involved in the MFP community before they fundamentally changed this site). At a certain number, it's unrealistic to connect and interact with too many friends at anything more than a superficial/speaker level.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    820 friends. 77 forum posts.

One of us is apparently doing this entirely backwards.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Odd. When I get above 200 active friends, I feel like I need fewer (and used to take steps to rectify this problem...back when I was more involved in the MFP community before they fundamentally changed this site). At a certain number, it's unrealistic to connect and interact with too many friends at anything more than a superficial/speaker level.

Dude, it was sarcasm
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Alydalton wrote: »
    Lol @queenliz99 quality and compatibility is important...everyone needs the right kind of support!!

That would be a great slogan for a bra company...
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Dude, it was sarcasm

:neutral:

Haven't you been on my FL long enough to know me better than this by now???
  • queenliz99
    Options

Dude, it was sarcasm

:neutral:

Haven't you been on my FL long enough to know me better than this by now???
    Apparently not ;) Having me as a friend makes your day, I just know it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

@queenliz99 I guess you're too low quality and incompatible.

This made me giggle. Mainly because Liz is awesome and I know you're yanking her chain.

I think too many friends can be a challenge to keep up with. I like my current list, but I delete inactive people (mostly, there are some I would like to see return). I add occasionally, but not often.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Omg!!! Clearly this forum attempt sucks lol....made me smile though...I'm just doing me...I'm recovering from being it a serious accident...6 casts later here I am...I appreciate the people I interact with and enjoy the discussions, if it doesn't work for you no problems!!
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my FL under 50. Realistically - how do you keep in touch with over 800 'Friends' on a consistent basis?!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Alydalton wrote: »
    Omg!!! Clearly this forum attempt sucks lol....made me smile though...I'm just doing me...I'm recovering from being it a serious accident...6 casts later here I am...I appreciate the people I interact with and enjoy the discussions, if it doesn't work for you no problems!!

Awe. That would suck! Glad you're on the mend and didn't take this too seriously! :smile:
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    I'm pretty much immobile right now so I have more time than most and need support but love giving support