soooo I have 820 mfp friends and a lot of positivity and support to share and receive! :)

Options

Replies

• AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thx!! :) you're awesome!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Odd. When I get above 200 active friends, I feel like I need fewer (and used to take steps to rectify this problem...back when I was more involved in the MFP community before they fundamentally changed this site). At a certain number, it's unrealistic to connect and interact with too many friends at anything more than a superficial/speaker level.

Actually Aly writes personal messages on my board sometimes and seems to interact quite frequently with those on her friends list.

I never said she didn't.

And I was relaying my own personal experience.

Apparently, her "certain number" is higher than mine. Good for her. I hope she is able to sustain it over time.

*spoiler alert*
    I'm one of her 820 as she is one of my 200ish.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Hi!! Just chiming in :)...I made a mistake with my wording on this thread :) maybe it was the wine? Lol....my intention wasn't to make people feel "less than" in any way!! I just see a lot of people posting in the community wanting more motivation or friends and wanted to open my door to people who are striving to connect with positive and happy people but only if it works for them :)...I'll probably get razed for this too but I'm coming from a place of genuinely wanting to help others and accept help too! Thx for connecting @jofjltncb6 :) it takes me a while to get to know people naturally but I do have more time than most :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    It would be great if this thread could be about what it's supposed to be about and that's reaching your personal fitness goals :)
    I'm trying something new:
    On May 9th I'm going to weigh myself and not weigh again until May 27th. It's a personal choice for me bc what I really want to work towards is strengthening my legs and decreasing my waistline:)

I'm losing 1-3 lbs a week but it's false motivation for me bc I feel like: "yes! I'm losing weight!" But really the goal is to reduce inches particularly in the waist and gain strength in my legs...I'm going to try this for a few weeks and see how it goes for me...it's an experiment.

And that's it for now :) I hope you're having a fab day!!

Also! @jofjltncb6 I checked out your profile...I appreciate your technical analysis...I'm not there yet maybe but maybe with your help and example I can be!

@EternalTruth I love your posts! Keep up the awesomeness! :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Just checking into the community thread :)
  • kberletic253
    kberletic253 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My goals are to get on track and stay there I lost 70lbs two years ago and I gained a lot of it back because I wasn't maintaining properly I think having motivation and support really helps to stay focused
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Amazing that you're back! :) happy to connect and move forward to fitness goals :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Just checking in! I hope everyone is having a fab Sunday
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    She is really a cool lady. She made me so happy the other day just checking up on some of her posts xD I am always looking for more friends on here, too.

My fitness goals are to be healthy, have energy and be able to climb mountains!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx @celadontea you are a fab fab mfp too :) Thx for your post :) !!!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    We have to keep collecting friend because they tend to disappear.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx @JeromeBarry1 it's sad when people deactivate their accounts for sure or fall off of logging....there's a variety of reasons some are really really awful. Friend "collecting" to me is a negative term as it insinuates that your mfp's are objects to be collected....to me they are people with struggles like me who benefit from support. I'm not sure if this is what you meant...it's hard to decipher intent on text messages...Mental health and positivity are no. 1 for me just as important as physical health :) I hope all is going well with your fitness goals :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    You're welcome to send me a PM to discuss further if our connecting would work for you. :)
  • hawksfan881972
    hawksfan881972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm always looking for more friends.

My goals are to lose weight, live a healthier lifestyle, and set a good example for my kids.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I only have 150 friends :'( but I have a kitten load of oddball humor!

avtr83hdnpd9.png
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How much for the bird dog?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How much for the bird dog?

He's a PITA, only a mother could love!

• AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    I still would love for this thread to be about fitness goals and mutual support :) Feel free to add me but include a message please :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Aly.
    6 casts has got to suck.
    You seem very positive, and that will help you succeed.
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    I'm in desperate need of positive friends! Mind if I add you?