LFHC HELP!

Options
I am going insane with this high fat low carb diet! I am having a hard time eating enough fat and I'm eating to much protine! This lifestyle really works I lost 4 inches in my waist alone last week doing this for only 3 days. But I can't keep eating the same foods over and over again! Any ideas anyone????

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Start incorporating healthy carbs?
    Such as lentils, beans, quinoa, steel-cut oats, even a sweet potato?
    I am high "good carbs" and losing weight.
    I think I can do this for life. Lots of veggies and fruits.
    High fiber also has a nice benefit besides just keeping me full

It really doesn't matter what diet you choose.
    You will lose weight if you stay within your calories.
    I try my best to avoid bad carbs (hard enough).
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    There are lots of high fat low carb food options -

Whole eggs
    Fatty cuts of meat (think rib eye instead of sirloin; chuck roast instead of eye of the round; chicken thighs or drummies instead of breasts and be sure to eat the skin; pork shoulder instead of pork loin; salmon instead of tilapia)
    Seeds and nuts
    Whole dairy (full fat cheese, heavy cream, full fat Greek yogurt)
    Fibrous veggies (leafy greens, crucifirous veggies, green beans)
    Savory fruit (avocados, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, eggplant, summer squash)
    Low sugar fruit (berries)
    Minimally processed fats (butter, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, bacon grease, home rendered lard) to season veggies and to cook with

Heck, Google low carb meal ideas and you will find endless options!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »

Whole eggs
    Fatty cuts of meat (think rib eye instead of sirloin; chuck roast instead of eye of the round; chicken thighs or drummies instead of breasts and be sure to eat the skin; pork shoulder instead of pork loin; salmon instead of tilapia)
    Seeds and nuts
    Savory fruit (avocados, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, eggplant, summer squash)
    Minimally processed fats (butter, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, bacon grease, home rendered lard) to season veggies and to cook with

She wants exactly the opposite of that.

It is confusing because she titled her post "LFHC" but then she went on to say she was doing a low carb high fat (LCHF) diet, and having a hard time getting enough fat, and going over on protein. But maybe she will come back and elaborate. It would be helpful if she would share what it is she has been eating; I just gave some generic suggestions of low carb staples.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Whole eggs
    Seeds and nuts

She wants exactly the opposite of that.

It is confusing because she titled her post "LFHC" but then she went on to say she was doing a low carb high fat (LCHF) diet, and having a hard time getting enough fat, and going over on protein. But maybe she will come back and elaborate. It would be helpful if she would share what it is she has been eating; I just gave some generic suggestions of low carb staples.

Yes, I mightily confused by the OP's title, then to read the exact opposite in her post...

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat high/low anything - to lose weight you need a sustained calorie deficit, and that is easiest to achieve while eating food you like. Eat every food, but watch portions, aka - weigh everything and log in your diary, and try to hit your calorie goal every day.
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you like the low carb high fat diet, then search Pinterest for Keto Recipes. Lots of ideas there. 4 inches in 3 days is a lot. Please be careful.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Butter in coffee, more butter on your salmon, more butter in your spinach... you get the idea.
  • crtnshdofgrn
    crtnshdofgrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Use lots of coconut oil. I cook with it, add it to my coffee, sometimes slather it on my food. Adds healthy fat, and helps keep you full longer. Avocados are an excellent addition, as well. I eat at least one full one per day. And, like one of the posts above...look for keto recipes online. Lots of good ideas out there! I am still relatively new to this woe, but have lost about 10 lbs in under 3 weeks--and had a 9 day plateau.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This lifestyle really works I lost 4 inches in my waist alone last week doing this for only 3 days. But I can't keep eating the same foods over and over again! Any ideas anyone????

There are lots of contradictions in the title and the post.

You've lost 4 inches in your waist in 3 days, but are tired of eating the same foods over and over again. Are you sure you are describing a lifestyle? It sounds to me like you are in a diet mentality, focused on numbers and losing weight/inches quickly rather than on making sustainable changes that will allow you to achieve and maintain your goal.

My suggestion is to not worry so much about implementing a particular diet. Rather, look at how you can find healthy ways to reduce your calorie intake that are sustainable for the rest of your life. Focus on making changes that allow you to reach your goals, and celebrate your success when you implement those changes. Trust that the number on the scale/tape measure will move in the right direction as long as you continue to change your behavior.

Good luck to you.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP if you really are trying to follow LCHF:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    aflies wrote: »
    If you like the low carb high fat diet, then search Pinterest for Keto Recipes. Lots of ideas there. 4 inches in 3 days is a lot. Please be careful.

its possible she was bloated/retaining water.I know when Im bloated or retaining water my waist circumference is higher than it is when Im not.at least Im hoping thats what it was
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Full fat salad dressing, almonds, mayonnaise, pork chops, sausage, dark meat chicken.