What are your go-to dinners?

Options

Replies

• MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs. They are my i'm too lazy, out of time, don't know what else I want meal. I sometimes put some veggies and cheese in them.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Miso-marinated salmon
    Skinny taste thai basil chicken
    Turkey tacos (I eat as a salad)
    Shrimp curry
    teriyaki chicken thighs
    pasta with tomato sauce and chicken sausage (I usually have a noodle alternative like zoodles)
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Beef and broccoli with brown rice
    Baked hotwings with a side of carrots
    Healthy baked chicken parm with speghetti squash
    Turkey burgers
    Teriyaki chicken cassarole with brown rice and tons of veggies
    Chicken enchiladas the healthy way.

I dont have go to healthy meals i cook different meals all of the time and ive started changing my normal meals to make them healthier.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken thighs and asparagus
    Seared ahi tuna and broccolini
    Baked salmon and green beans
    Breakfast for dinner (eggs, veggie sausage, toast, whatever I have cals left for)
    Turkey chili
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    -Pan seared salmon and roasted Brussels sprouts (or any roasted green veggie)
    -Taco salad with ground turkey breast
    -rotisserie chicken enchiladas and black or pinto beans
    -salmon pasta (whole wheat pasta, salmon, spinach, mushrooms, sauce)
    -grilled sirloin steak with kale and quinoa salad
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Grilled meat and veggies.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    vegan chili
    quinoa salad (quinoa, edamame,spinach,cucumber,tomato,carrots,red onion, fresh dill & a homemade dressing)
    quinoa with veggies, tofu & some kind of sauce
    quinoa with smoked tofu, mushrooms,spinach and nutritional yeast
    veggie burgers & fries
    burritos or burrito bowls (rice, beans, veg ect.)
    vegan turkey wraps
    mashed potatoes & gravy with veg
    tofu scramble
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oven tacos made with ground turkey- sooo good
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1) Spaghetti Squash with light garlic Alfredo and bacon.
    2) Baked chicken breast with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and whole wheat pasta.
    3) Teriyaki tofu with broccoli, red bell pepper, and brown rice.
    4) Sweet potato cubes baked with a diced apple, cinnamon, and raisins.
    5) Quinoa with salmon, Brussels sprouts, and a honey mustard drizzle.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Turkey and quinoa stuffed peppers
    Big salad with grilled chicken, roasted red peppers, goat cheese and carrot
    Lasagne Cupcakes (made with wonton wrappers, Google it)
    Tandoori chicken breasts with salad
    Grilled steak soft corn tacos
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    We rotate about 30-40 meals but, our top five are tacos, cubed steaks and potatoes, Anniversary chicken, crockpot chicken pasta, and spaghetti bake. Probably not the healthiest but they are super filling. My healthiest meal is usually lunch though.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Beans and rice--black beans or pinto--I do the dry ones in the crock pot so nothing added, then drain and put over brown rice. Add salsa, avocado, cheese if you like, chopped peppers, cherry tomatoes--whatever. I also eat a lot of cereal for dinner--sorry--not too creative...
  • lily083087
    lily083087 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1. Lightly seared white fish (flounder, cod, tilapia) sometimes herb crusted. Use cooking spray instead of oil to save calories & sautéed spinach with lemon juice and a little reduced fat feta cheese.
    2. Spaghetti squash with ground turkey marinara sauce and a touch of Parmesan cheese. (Very filling and delish)
    3. Broiled chicken with mashed cauliflower (I use almond milk and a tad bit of butter and garlic to purée) and sautéed green beans
    4. Roasted pork loin with sweet potatoes and asparagus.
    5. Asian ground pork lettuce wraps with water chestnuts , carrots, and homemade ginger hoisin soy sesame sauce, so good!

Just remeber to use cooking spray (I like the coconut oil kind) instead of olive oil or butter, it will save so many calories! And Mrs. Dash is great for seasoning!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Last night I was exhausted and made the easiest dinner ever. I cooked one of those little steamers boxes of mixed veggies in cheese sauce and poured it over a leftover baked potato topped with Mrs. Dash. It was done in 5 minutes, and was so delicious and very filling for only 300 calories.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    We're not fancy! The rotation includes:

1. Stir fry, chicken or shrimp with a frozen bell pepper mix and rice.
    2. Bean chili, generally I don't add meat but tonight we will add ground turkey tonight and serve with side salad for extra veggies.
    3. Chicken breasts with fresh green beans and mushroom sautee. Can do many flavors with this.
    4. Salmon, been doing this with a pasta side and salad lately.
    5. Fajitas, either chicken or steak. I'm lazy and use sauce packets for this one. I make this with the same frozen bell pepper mix as my stir fry.

Lazy easy dinners! But we are overall eating much less pasta and huge carb heavy dinners! We save pasta for weekends now.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    for this week, i made myself a huge batch of the old weight watchers skinny soup (basically low sodium stock with a can of no-salt-added tomato paste, and whatever non-starchy veggies you like) and am using that as the base to my suppers. i can add chicken, rice, beans, cheese, or any combo for a different dinner each night!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    We're not fancy! The rotation includes:

1. Stir fry, chicken or shrimp with a frozen bell pepper mix and rice.
    2. Bean chili, generally I don't add meat but tonight we will add ground turkey tonight and serve with side salad for extra veggies.
    3. Chicken breasts with fresh green beans and mushroom sautee. Can do many flavors with this.
    4. Salmon, been doing this with a pasta side and salad lately.
    5. Fajitas, either chicken or steak. I'm lazy and use sauce packets for this one. I make this with the same frozen bell pepper mix as my stir fry.

Lazy easy dinners! But we are overall eating much less pasta and huge carb heavy dinners! We save pasta for weekends now.

It sounds like we cool in a similar way :) I also use a lot of frozen bell peppers. Lately j have been crushing up frozen spinach (still in the bag) which results in super fine flakes that mixes nicely with rice!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    Options
    lily083087 wrote: »
    1. Lightly seared white fish (flounder, cod, tilapia) sometimes herb crusted. Use cooking spray instead of oil to save calories & sautéed spinach with lemon juice and a little reduced fat feta cheese.
    2. Spaghetti squash with ground turkey marinara sauce and a touch of Parmesan cheese. (Very filling and delish)
    3. Broiled chicken with mashed cauliflower (I use almond milk and a tad bit of butter and garlic to purée) and sautéed green beans
    4. Roasted pork loin with sweet potatoes and asparagus.
    5. Asian ground pork lettuce wraps with water chestnuts , carrots, and homemade ginger hoisin soy sesame sauce, so good!

Just remeber to use cooking spray (I like the coconut oil kind) instead of olive oil or butter, it will save so many calories! And Mrs. Dash is great for seasoning!

So many good ideas!!! I'm going to try the spaghetti squash this week :) thank you!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My dinners have to be fast and kid friendly. Here is what we have about once a week.

1. Some sort of rice or pasta bowl. (this lets my picky toddlers pick what they want in it and saves me a headache)
    2. Grilled chicken and a grilled veg (like asparagus)
    3. Tacos. You can never go wrong on taco night.
    4. Breakfast for dinner
    5. Something crockpot...like I'll wrap big potatoes in tin foil and let them steam in the crockpot all day. Then we have potato bar. Again, I like to give people choices so they don't b!tch at me.
    6. Pizza. For real. Pizza, like every friday.
    7. Big family Sunday dinner to make leftovers...this is our biggest meal. Like a roast, whole chicken, a ham...something I can use the meat in the rest of the recipes during the week. this always includes a veg, starch, and is the one day of the week we have a dessert. (last week I made chocolate silken pie (with tofu instead of dairy)
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    Options
    My dinners have to be fast and kid friendly. Here is what we have about once a week.

1. Some sort of rice or pasta bowl. (this lets my picky toddlers pick what they want in it and saves me a headache)
    2. Grilled chicken and a grilled veg (like asparagus)
    3. Tacos. You can never go wrong on taco night.
    4. Breakfast for dinner
    5. Something crockpot...like I'll wrap big potatoes in tin foil and let them steam in the crockpot all day. Then we have potato bar. Again, I like to give people choices so they don't b!tch at me.
    6. Pizza. For real. Pizza, like every friday.
    7. Big family Sunday dinner to make leftovers...this is our biggest meal. Like a roast, whole chicken, a ham...something I can use the meat in the rest of the recipes during the week. this always includes a veg, starch, and is the one day of the week we have a dessert. (last week I made chocolate silken pie (with tofu instead of dairy)

Tacos! Yes-so good! Have you ever tried egg tacos with salsa? Really amazing :)