short and thick hair

Options
StrongAndHealthyMommy
StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
does anybody else goes nuts with their hair???
I have a lot of hair and it is a little bit thick and it is around my shoulders.....

usually when I make curls it has way too much volume...

taylor swift curl has too much volume has well

straight its pretty much the only way I can have my hair without going crazy lol....

I which I would have a little bit of hair and thin.... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wish my hair was thicker... Mine is longish and very thin. Maybe we should trade? :smile:
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    I wish my hair was thicker... Mine is longish and very thin. Maybe we should trade? :smile:

DEAL!!!!!!!

I used to have long hair, but it was so damaged that I decided to cut it.... it was the worst/best decision ever!!!!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    If I try to do this:

Julie-Benz-Blonde-Medium-Wavy-Curly-Hairstyle.jpg

I can easily ended up with this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnlHPgOCstSxZIOPrt5B4immlB0g7D0DCd0QLIA2_zJ90hcfrhzg
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    im the same way. i can't wear my hair down unless its straight. my hair is so thick and curly wearing it down just causes a headache literally it gets all tangled then it looks like i just had sex because my hair is so crazy looking lol
  • LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hear ya. Thick and curly hair is frickin' impossible to do anything with. I'm trying to grow mine out of a pixie cut at the moment.. Agonising. May give up and chop it off again yet!
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    Options

DEAL!!!!!!!

I used to have long hair, but it was so damaged that I decided to cut it.... it was the worst/best decision ever!!!!

I just cut mine. It was down to my butt. Fair warning, it's naturally curly. Like poodle who stuck a fork in an electric outlet curly... :laugh: :ohwell:
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    YES!! As you can see from my pic, my hair is very thick!! I like it, but sometimes I hate it! lol
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    I'm glad there is more than one like me..... I try different hair cuts, but nothing work..... sometimes makes want to eat tons of ice cream and cookies!!!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options

DEAL!!!!!!!

I just cut mine. It was down to my butt. Fair warning, it's naturally curly. Like poodle who stuck a fork in an electric outlet curly... :laugh: :ohwell:

I don't know why I have the feeling that you have my dream hairrrr......

mine is half curly and have super straight.... have fun with that dear!!!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have very thick wavy hair. Every stylist I've ever been to has uttered the same phrase, give or take: "Good God, you have a lot of hair!"

I also have cow licks, which means that most stylists have screwed it up--because they all want to put in layers to bring out the natural wave. But most of them are not good at it. I have finally finally found a stylist who cut my hair short, in layers and it brought out the waves, without half of it going flat or crazy. All I have to do is finger comb it in the morning and go, no product, no blow-drying (that's the worst thing for it...). I will gladly pay whatever he wants for as long as he is in business!
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    *strolls into room*

Hi, is this the hair fetish meeting?

:love:
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I generally wake up looking like a q-tip.

1. Long, curly hair is hot af.
    2. It takes forever to grow out bc it looks shorter curly.
    3. Straightening takes forever with thick hair.........andddd it just starts curling as soon as I step outside with any heat/humidity :grumble:
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    Options

DEAL!!!!!!!

I don't know why I have the feeling that you have my dream hairrrr......

mine is half curly and have super straight.... have fun with that dear!!!

I can make it work... I'm used to crazy hair!
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    Options
    *strolls into room*

Hi, is this the hair fetish meeting?

:love:

Welcome to the party!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    My hair is long and wavy. It is very tightly wavy in the back, like near the middle of my head, while the very top parts, near my hair line, are almost straight. So the front always looks different from the back. Its been in a bun for most of the summer, its just easier that way. IDK what to do with it for work. I usually wash it after my morning workout and leave the house with it still wet, and down. Then by afternoon, it has to go into a braided ponytail or else be a rat's nest.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have very long, wavy hair... and it's very fine but I have a TON of it.

My stylist has to book me for 3 appointment slots when I go to have it dyed. I had it done on Friday (trim, root touch up, highlight). She got started on my hair at 9:45 a.m. and I left at 12:50 p.m.

She makes it look perfect when she straightens it. For me, however it takes forever and never looks nearly the same. I tend to pull it back and put it in a messy bun on top of my head A LOT because everything else takes so damn long.
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My advice: persevere with growing it! Mine is thick and I have loads of it and when it was short it was exactly like yours and now all I have to do is let it dry naturally and then straighten the roots to de-frizz and it does this:

w86r9w.jpg

Which while not perfect is totally manageable and acceptable for meals/nights out etc.

Maybe if you grow it a bit longer it might reduce the effort too?

Kat xxx
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    yeah i have short thick hair and when i grow it out it looks like a helmet haha
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My advice: persevere with growing it! Mine is thick and I have loads of it and when it was short it was exactly like yours and now all I have to do is let it dry naturally and then straighten the roots to de-frizz and it does this:

w86r9w.jpg

Which while not perfect is totally manageable and acceptable for meals/nights out etc.

Kat xxx
    Hot!! haha that's what I'm trying to do, but it's so frustrating during that awkward length lol
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options

w86r9w.jpg

Kat xxx
    you look exactly like my little sister haha she has a twin