is there any chance i could grow taller

Options

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    esraad1989 wrote: »
    Im 26 years old im 5.4 ft i really wish im 2 inches taller im just wondering is there anything that can be done at this point ❓❓ i really never had any issues before with this but ive been trying on wedding dresses those past few days since my wedding is 2 months away

They have to use enough material to fit the taller people.

You can easily get the hem taken up. It's not as easy to add length to a dress.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Get the dress altered! We don't grow in adulthood.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Why not just wear flats?
    A lot of women do for their wedding.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    It's not something you can change.

Yep ... once a woman gets her period, that's pretty much the end of height growth.

After that any addition perception of height is accomplished through high heels and good posture.

Wat? I stopped growing at 11? Pretty sure that's not how that works.

Look it up.

And did you stop growing then? How tall were you at 11 ... how tall are you now?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

Yep ... once a woman gets her period, that's pretty much the end of height growth.

After that any addition perception of height is accomplished through high heels and good posture.

Look it up.

And did you stop growing then? How tall were you at 11 ... how tall are you now?

Myth.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1070801/
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I got my period at 12 and definitely kept growing until I was 16.

The OP made me shake my head in disbelief, though, that anyone could possibly think they could still grow at twenty-six!

Look it up.

Yeah, I didn't stop growing until my late teens. I was about 16 by the time I topped my mother in height, but got my period at 11. My stepdaughter is 15 and still growing like crazy, she's just hit 6'
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP they will alter the dress to fit your size.

Planning a wedding is stressful enough without worrying about trying to figure out how to grow 2 inches as an adult (hint, you can't).

Find something else to focus on like picking out awesome shoes or what flavor cake to serve...
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

The OP made me shake my head in disbelief, though, that anyone could possibly think they could still grow at twenty-six!

anything is possible on these boards
    i am sure herbal life will have a shake that will make you grow in 14 days

to the op, just get the dress altered
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

anything is possible on these boards
    i am sure herbal life will have a shake that will make you grow in 14 days

to the op, just get the dress altered

She said 2 months, not 2 weeks. Plenty of time to have the dress shortened.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

Look it up.

Yeah, I didn't stop growing until my late teens. I was about 16 by the time I topped my mother in height, but got my period at 11. My stepdaughter is 15 and still growing like crazy, she's just hit 6'

Yup! Got my period when I was 11, almost 12. I was 5' 1". Grew 6 more inches in the two years that followed. Stopped growing at 14 (5' 7").
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OP, I know you said you hate heels, but I've found that Ballroom Dance shoes to be the most comfortable. They are designed with feet in mind instead of just looks. The heels also come in a variety of heights, so you don't have to get a crazy high heel. Just a thought.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Look it up.

Um, no... my sister got her period when she was 9 years old. She wasn't 5' 10" at 9 years old!! I was 13 when mine arrived, I wasn't 5' 7" then either...
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

And just because they want to!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I find sleeping on a firm mattress gives me good posture and stretches out my spine, and yoga definitely helps me not slouch. I was 5'7.25" at 24 but after I started yoga, I began to carry myself at 5'8.25". Good posture is key, I suppose.
    Also, congratulations on the wedding. :smile:
  • esraad1989
    esraad1989 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I find sleeping on a firm mattress gives me good posture and stretches out my spine, and yoga definitely helps me not slouch. I was 5'7.25" at 24 but after I started yoga, I began to carry myself at 5'8.25". Good posture is key, I suppose.

Oh noce this hive me hope actually .. My posture sucks im working at it at the moment. I just started yoga so i hope this will do it for me .. Thanks a lot :)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    esraad1989 wrote: »

Oh noce this hive me hope actually .. My posture sucks im working at it at the moment. I just started yoga so i hope this will do it for me .. Thanks a lot :)

You're welcome! Good luck. :smile:
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Not at 26, no. Like a previous responder, I grew one inch in my very early twenties - was 5'0" at 11 years old, grew a LOT that summer, 5'6" at 12 years, 5'7" after that, but then nothing until my early twenties. It may have been that the restrictive eating in my teens held back the eventual height, I don't know but sometime in there I grew taller than 5'8". Probably nobody is ever 100% satisfied with their height, I wouldn't mind another inch of legs. I suppose if I lose height when old I'll be leggier, as that height goes away from the spine, right?

I think high heels are the way to go if you want to look taller in a particular outfit, or just get the dress hemmed to look right. And yes, you may be taller than you think if you have bad posture.