is there any chance i could grow taller

Options
124»

Replies

• ctoavs76
    ctoavs76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been 5'0" since I was 14. Here is sit, 26 years later STILL waiting to grow another inch or two!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    It's not something you can change.

Yep ... once a woman gets her period, that's pretty much the end of height growth.

After that any addition perception of height is accomplished through high heels and good posture.

What, for real?? My daughter just got hers, she's 12, and she's not even quite 5 feet yet. I hope this isn't true.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    It's not something you can change.

Yep ... once a woman gets her period, that's pretty much the end of height growth.

After that any addition perception of height is accomplished through high heels and good posture.

What, for real?? My daughter just got hers, she's 12, and she's not even quite 5 feet yet. I hope this isn't true.

Don't worry, it's not. There are a ton of people in this thread alone saying otherwise. Personally, I got my first period at 11 when I was a hair under 5' and grew to 5'3" by the time I was 14. I then grew another inch sometime between the ages of 21-24, somehow.

Have a quick Google and ease your mind, females do continue to grow past the onset of menses. She's not stuck at 4'11" forever :)
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    That being said, I'm 5'2" and the grass is always greener honey. You look lovely in your profile pic and I'm sure you'll be dazzling at your wedding. I have been my height since I was 15. It's not something you can change.

Haha at the grass is greener..

I'm 5"8 and have always wanted to be shorter. A petite 5 ft 2 or 3.

Why would you want to be shorter? You can eat so much more and look thinner at a higher weight which just means you can eat more...sorry I think I'm hungry.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That being said, I'm 5'2" and the grass is always greener honey. You look lovely in your profile pic and I'm sure you'll be dazzling at your wedding. I have been my height since I was 15. It's not something you can change.

Why would you want to be shorter? You can eat so much more and look thinner at a higher weight which just means you can eat more...sorry I think I'm hungry.

It's weird but I'd like to be shorter too. I'm only 5'5 but for some reason I tend to surround myself with other short women lol I'm talking like 5 feet tall. I feel like a giant around them.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Yeah eating more is an upside I guess. But I just feel like an elephant next to shorter women. I wanna be petite and girly, not tall and athletic. But if i was short, I'd want to be tall lol
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yeah eating more is an upside I guess. But I just feel like an elephant next to shorter women. I wanna be petite and girly, not tall and athletic. But if i was short, I'd want to be tall lol

Same. I'm only 5'7" but when I wear high heels I tower over everyone else.

Edited to add--I don't think I'm really that tall but when we were talking to my son's pediatrician about how tall he might end up being, I was told that I fall in the 85th percentile, so I guess I'm tall.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I'm barely 5' 8" and my wife is a good .5-.75 inches taller than I am.

I confess...at the wedding, she wore flats and I padded the heel of my shoes so that she wouldn't look taller than me.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    @Tavistock Someone wasn't amused. I got flagged.

Some people are very sensitive.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Wait- you're JUST now trying on dresses and you're wedding is only 2 months away?

seriously?

forget trying to grow- just get a dress!- you're going to have a hard time unless you're buying off the rack and can take it with you and get it altered.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

I confess...at the wedding, she wore flats and I padded the heel of my shoes so that she wouldn't look taller than me.
    I'm 5'8" (ok like 7 and 3/4 whatever- I round) and he's I think 5'9" maybe?
    I'm wearing 4" heels.

nofcksgiven for my wedding.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options

While I don't care how I stack up against other women, I do like to be with a man taller than me. I feel petite against my fiance, who is a foot taller than me.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

I've always dated guys around my height, mostly because most guys seem to be around my height, and tall guys seem to gravitate toward short ladies, perhaps that's nature trying not to grow us into a race of giants...

When I wear heels, I just tell the Fiance that it looks like he's got a supermodel, right?

Christine_72! Not an elephant! A supermodel.

But to the OP - rock what you got. If you are petite, show it off. Get the dress to fit you, not the other way around.
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    After a double hip replacement I grew 1/2 inch! I don't recommend it, though.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I'm 5'8" (ok like 7 and 3/4 whatever- I round) and he's I think 5'9" maybe?
    I'm wearing 4" heels.

Lol! Go for it!!
  • marylovesnini
    marylovesnini Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Pay for alterations needed buy some high heels! I'm 5 feet and I was worried about my height when I was 16 until I was 18! I waste all that time and I regret that!! I was the shortest girl in my group of friends I aslo was the cutest ( so they said)... I got married, had a baby, a job that I love. I just love me the way I am. Good luck on your wedding I'm sure you will look beautiful and get used to heels they make you 6 inch taller in a secs!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

While I don't care how I stack up against other women, I do like to be with a man taller than me. I feel petite against my fiance, who is a foot taller than me.

That's a good point, my hubby is only 5"10. If he was over 6" I'd probably feel petite next to him lol