Any stuggle daily with husband or wife

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherdoll40
    heatherdoll40 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm carefully considering my options. I'm not giving up on me, oh no not this time. I'm excited that my eldest daughter is available for me to talk to about some issues, but you guys rock!
    Sometimes we just need someone to let us know we are worthy.

• ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    He does sound toxic. I would question the value of staying with someone with his kinds of behaviors.

In the meantime, if it's too provocative for him to see you preparing things like chicken sausages or "healthier" foods, why not just cook the beef and hot-doggy kinds of things, and then eat less of it - just, no matter what you eat, make sure you end up in a calorie deficit? I tend to think it's less about what you eat and more about how much you eat anyways.

You can supplement with other varieties of foods, "healthier" foods, if you like, on the side. Might result in less arguments and you still reaching your goals. Then again, he might just pick fights with you over other things.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess that your hubby's problem really isn't with food, it's that he's uncomfortable with you changing the status quo, and he has no idea how to express this. I know you probably don't want to, but it may be helpful for him for you to explain that the change has nothing to do with him or how you feel about him, that you love him and only want to change so that you can both have a better life.