does anyone else feel scared to eat?

Options
even healthy things? In case it puts you weight on?

Replies

• aslauderdale
    Options
    I don't feel scared to eat, anything. It's just when it's already in my stomach, I feel gross; even when it's something healthy.
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    not so much scared, just beware of "healthy things".....for weight loss it's all about portion control. It's like this balancing act....juggling all the right foods and make sure you are spending your calories on all the "quality" not "quantity".....example, oatmeal (natural kind not the high sugar stuff)......is a good choice in the morning as it a "slow release" and will keep you full over a period of time.....also, keep hydrated....water is the "golden" beverage....stay away from diet pops, etc..as they are not that great...the more diet pop one drinks......will increase your hunger for high sugar foods...it's a fact, ....i read up on it and also have experienced it. I also think that all these "low fat" foods are a marketing gimmick to trap us into buying more of these foods to incorporate into our healthy lifestyles....when all you need is the basics.....:smile:
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    are the 'healthy' things actually healthy?? sometimes not
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If you feel scared to eat, or grossed out that you have eaten, you have a disordered relationship with food. You might want to talk to a professional about that. It's not normal and it won't be beneficial to you in the long run.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you feel scared to eat, or grossed out that you have eaten, you have a disordered relationship with food. You might want to talk to a professional about that. It's not normal and it won't be beneficial to you in the long run.

This.

Food is fuel. Being afraid to eat because you might gain weight is like being afraid to go into a house because you might become a hermit and never leave.
  • Tigermum9
    Options
    ok
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

This.

Food is fuel. Being afraid to eat because you might gain weight is like being afraid to go into a house because you might become a hermit and never leave.

+2
  • Tigermum9
    Options
    ok guys, I dont mean literally scared so I wont eat. What I mean is, I want to make sure Im eating healthy..even low fat and 'diet' foods are laden with sugar. Dont think I need psychiatric assessment just yet!!

thanks for your concern...i think!
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes. I wish I could deny the feeling, but I struggle with depression and insecurity daily so anything that could potentially hold me back scares me. And because healthy isn't healthy, its terrifying to me. I'm kind of embarrassed by this confession, but the only way to overcome it is to admit it.
  • Tigermum9
    Options
    thank you, glad u understand what I mean. Weight loss now means so much. dont wanna mess it up
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    No that's a sign of an eating disorder
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that way.

Then I went too far with my deficits, lost a bunch of muscle, and lost strength. So now I'm afraid primarily of eating not enough.
  • Tigermum9
    Options
    ok, well I dont have an eating disorder, reckon I did once. I am just being conciencious of what Im eating.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    even healthy things? In case it puts you weight on?

I get scared when I DON'T want to eat. Like for example the eggs. I like to think the unborn chicken babies miss my belly when I decide not to eat them.

I specially think the yellow part misses me the most. I like to pretend when I'm eating an egg that the yellow part is where the baby chickens soul is and with every bite, I'm eating a baby chicken soul. mmmm. Delicious!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    No that's a sign of an eating disorder
    Yup, get help, OP. I wish you luck in your eating disorder recovery.
  • Tigermum9
    Options
    lol... I wish Id never asked the question now!! I think thereis a very fine line between knowing when to stop eating and what is healthy.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an eating disorder to me.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    ok, well I dont have an eating disorder, reckon I did once. I am just being conciencious of what Im eating.
    Just tread lightly. Demonizing food can lead you back down the road of disordered eating again. Just follow your calorie goal, try to hit your protein goals, and don't worry so much.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    ok guys, I dont mean literally scared so I wont eat. What I mean is, I want to make sure Im eating healthy..even low fat and 'diet' foods are laden with sugar. Dont think I need psychiatric assessment just yet!!

thanks for your concern...i think!

You're right, low fat and diet foods are chemical *kitten* storms. Try just eating whole foods. Lean meat, vegetables, fruits, rice, oatmeal, nuts, etc. You can't gain fat unless you eat more than your body burns in a day. You need to learn your limits and understand that a scale gain isn't always fat, sometimes it's water or glycogen.
  • Tigermum9
    Options
    well, thanks for all your support lol...or not