Getting nowhere

Options
124»

Replies

• GGS54
    GGS54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Although it's really up to us to exercise the will power to avoid over-eating, having help at home is a big boost. Getting hubby on board to "just say no" when you ask for those treats is a must. My significant other is one of those lucky people who can eat whatever and whever he wants, and never gain weight. When we started living together several years ago, I started eating his great home-cooked meals instead of my usual Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine dinners, and gained 15 pounds (which is a lot on a 5'2" small frame), even though I work out at least an hour three to five times a week. Once I got serious about MFP, and I told him I could only eat half of what he usually puts on my plate to stay on a 1200 - 1500 calorie a day regime, my sweetheart started serving me mini meat portions (4 - 5 oz. burgers, small or half portions of chops, chicken breasts, etc.), a small scoop of rice or potatoes, and larger portions of vegetables. I also have a big glass of water and my vitamins before dinner, which helps fill me up.