NYT Ain't Got Nothing on Us: Maintainers Roll Call!

Options
ReaderGirl3
ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
edited May 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
All of the NYT posts have got me wondering-how many of us here on MFP are actually successfully maintaining?

I think it would be helpful to those who are still in the weight loss phase, and may be feeling discouraged by the recent article, to see that there are in fact quite a few of us here who are successfully rocking out the whole maintenance thing!

So, if you're in maintenance please post and also share how many years you've been in maintenance (in your face NYT :D ).

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    All of the NYT posts have got me wondering-how many of us here on MFP are actually successfully maintaining?

I think it would be helpful to those who are still in the weight loss phase, and may be feeling discouraged by the recent article, to see that there are in fact quite a few of us here who are successfully rocking out the whole maintenance thing!

So, if you're in maintenance please post and also share how many years you've been in maintenance (in your face NYT :D ).

ReaderGirl3 -

YOU rock!

I would love to follow this thread to see how others are maintaining their weight. I myself have not. So starting over - again - and feeling discouraged, I have to admit. I lost 80 lbs, maintained for 18 months, and have gradually gained almost all of it back again. Clearly, I have a lot to learn about maintaining weight, despite my initial success. I want to glean all of the "secrets" others may provide. So far, I believe I have identified 3 of my major issues: I need to log my food intake to keep me mindful of "bites, licks, and tastes", I need to stick to a carbohydrate-limited diet (but am still figuring out number of grams per day I can live with for a lifetime), and I need to "putter" more (lifestyle change). I already get enough protein, walk, and Jazzercise, and eat real whole foods.

Thanks for starting this thread. I look forward to learning from those of you who are successfully maintaining a healthy weight! Bring it on!