Leg and Bum progress pics please :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @fairysue1- you have one of the nicest tush's I've ever seen. Great job!
  • hollie5by5
    hollie5by5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @faeriesue1 You look amazing!! What did you do to achieve that? You have given me hope that i can make a difference with mine :-) x
  • wally2183
    wally2183 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sorry to thread jack lol. Do men need leg/ butt exercise?
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    TasiaD28 wrote: »
    Faeriesue1... Wow! What a major difference. I think that is awesome! I have the same problem with my legs being the worst part. What did you do related to your exercise/diet?? I could really use the help!

Nothing major really, a calorie deficit of around 500 to start with (I'm only 5ft3.5 so I don't get too many calories) and trying to get to 10,000 steps a day. I joined the gym in April last year and starting using weights, I really loved the leg press, but the gym changed their hours in August so I've not been since. I don't really pay much attention to my carbs or sugar intake, just focusing on calories, although lately I've been trying to increase my protein intake. I do enjoy the occasional lunge and squat. I've never been too fond of cardio, I find it so boring.

It's taken over 50lbs to see a difference, my legs are still chunky but much better than they used to be. They're still out of proportion to the rest of my body, I still struggle to find jeans to fit. If they fit my legs they are so loose around the waist!
  • SusanKing1981
    edited May 2016
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Faerie - your butt/legs are the most inspiring things I've seen on MFP. I know it takes time and hard work, but how long did it take to go from the first picture to last! Holy crap you really look great.

Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. When I first started I searched and searched for leg before and afters as it seemed that even the most overweight people on here had really nice legs. I was desperate to see what mine could look like.

The first picture was Feb 2014, the last was Dec 2015. It's taken me quite a while, my average loss is only 0.5lbs a week, this is because I'm not overly strict with myself, over Christmas I gained 8lbs, I relax my calories over the weekend and go to town if I'm on holiday or it's my birthday, partners birthday, dogs birthday...any excuse! I find this sustainable for me, if I restricted myself too much I'd have jacked it all in by now.
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    wally2183 wrote: »
    Sure. Why not?

• TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    this is just brilliant
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    hollie5by5 wrote: »
    @faeriesue1 You look amazing!! What did you do to achieve that? You have given me hope that i can make a difference with mine :-) x

Oh you really can, just don't give up!!! I honestly didn't do anything fancy, just a calorie deficit. It did feel like it took forever to see a change in my legs, but take progress pictures (you'll be glad you did). I'm really looking forward to a summer with no thigh rub!!!
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm too chicken to post pictures of myself (I'm still in a before state), but Faeriesue1 and Meganridenour, thanks so much for posting yours. You both look incredible and your before/after pics are really inspiring.
  • lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    mvyxphu0cvhw.jpg
    This is my goal lots of heavy and body weight exercises 3 days a week I train mine
  • lizzelspark
    Options
    I noticed the biggest change in my legs and bum when I started squating and lunges here's a few girls I copy there workouts Amanda Latona , Ashley Horner , if you really work them you will see a change
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    ctwrqu0tjasr.jpg
    2013 pic is shortly after I started using MFP (not my heaviest)
    2016 pic was last month the day before I started Strong Curves Booty-ful Beginnings
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options

uh are you serious?
  • lizzelspark
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »

uh are you serious?

He might be there are lots of guys that don't work there legs when they should be lol makes the girls feel good when they can squat heavier then the guys though
  • TasiaD28
    TasiaD28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    TasiaD28 wrote: »
    Faeriesue1... Wow! What a major difference. I think that is awesome! I have the same problem with my legs being the worst part. What did you do related to your exercise/diet?? I could really use the help!

Nothing major really, a calorie deficit of around 500 to start with (I'm only 5ft3.5 so I don't get too many calories) and trying to get to 10,000 steps a day. I joined the gym in April last year and starting using weights, I really loved the leg press, but the gym changed their hours in August so I've not been since. I don't really pay much attention to my carbs or sugar intake, just focusing on calories, although lately I've been trying to increase my protein intake. I do enjoy the occasional lunge and squat. I've never been too fond of cardio, I find it so boring.

It's taken over 50lbs to see a difference, my legs are still chunky but much better than they used to be. They're still out of proportion to the rest of my body, I still struggle to find jeans to fit. If they fit my legs they are so loose around the waist!

I think cardio is extremely boring too! It's hard to get motivated when I need to do it. I've been doing hiit fitness blender videos on YouTube and Christine Salus videos in YouTube also. I don't find them as boring to do. Maybe you'll like them to!
  • bigblueeyes1
    bigblueeyes1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    mvyxphu0cvhw.jpg
    This is my goal lots of heavy and body weight exercises 3 days a week I train mine

I'd love to make this my goal too but sadly I don't think I'll ever have a body and an *kitten* like that!
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

Yes. Male or female, you should be working legs and glutes.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm at work and can't find the pics I want. But this is 7 months of heavy lifting...
    osl1wbzup00i.jpg
    18e955rel7az.jpg
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm at work and can't find the pics I want. But this is 7 months of heavy lifting...
    osl1wbzup00i.jpg
    18e955rel7az.jpg

Very nice!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!