Leg and Bum progress pics please :-)

hollie5by5
hollie5by5 Posts: 29 Member
Morning.. My top half of my body seems to be taking shape but I've had no progress on the bottom half yet.. I know it will eventually happen but it can be disheartening when you don't see it..

Do you have any progress pics of legs and time scales that it took??

Replies

• a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    I didn't take many pics during my journey. I did loose 40 lbs and it came off disproportionately. I'm a pear shape before and still one today. Although there's less of me the bottom half still needs work while top looks scrawny. I'm trying to shift to more of a tone and build muscle workout in the hopes that helps.

Good luck and just keep on going, you will see results. It helped me to take measurements. Often you're shrinking but we just don't see it until you see the proof in numbers.
  • macmicky
    macmicky Posts: 92 Member
    Do lower body exercise like squats and lunges
  • hollie5by5
    hollie5by5 Posts: 29 Member
    You look fab, did you lose most of the 30lbs whilst doing insanity? X
  • 1976lh
    1976lh Posts: 11 Member
    Most of it had come off over the space of a year previously but I still looked very bottom heavy, the insanity finally shifted some of the fat of that area as I didn't feel I could eat less at that point so just created a deficit with exercise. It's herd work when you are a pear but it will happen eventually. I should say too that 14lb are back on now (the after photo was taken in 2013), I am still doing Insanity about three times a week so even though I am wider/fatter my bum and legs have still got a better shape than before the exercise.
  • 1976lh
    1976lh Posts: 11 Member
    Sorry for typos!
  • Jessika29669
    Jessika29669 Posts: 34 Member
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    Starting weight about 208lbs to 156lbs. My legs have always been the worst part of my body. The change is slow but I'm getting there.
    l6r0ak8yah3a.jpeg
    ati58i4d54ws.jpeg

I think your legs were made to be powerhouses! Keep it up girlie, are you doing any heavy lifting?
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Starting weight about 208lbs to 156lbs. My legs have always been the worst part of my body. The change is slow but I'm getting there.
    l6r0ak8yah3a.jpeg
    ati58i4d54ws.jpeg

I think your legs were made to be powerhouses! Keep it up girlie, are you doing any heavy lifting?

I was, but my local gym has changed it's opening hours so it's not possible for me to attend during the week. I do mess about with a kettlebell every now and then and I love love love squats!!!
  • Jessika29669
    Jessika29669 Posts: 34 Member
    Ah that stinks. You are progressing so well, everyone holds on to weight in different places (mine is my face and gut ha!) it will come, keep up the great work! Either way, you are beautiful!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I hold most my weight in my legs as well. I can't tell much of a difference after 12 weeks lifting from the front, but when I look at before/after pics from the side I see an overall shrinkage. Same shape, just smaller.

rtp6e0dfhrtz.jpeg
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    I also would be interested in leg and butt successes, specifically related to cellulite. I want to know if I should maintain hope that eventually my legs will simply look nicer. Thank you all for sharing.
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    I also would be interested in leg and butt successes, specifically related to cellulite. I want to know if I should maintain hope that eventually my legs will simply look nicer. Thank you all for sharing.

I don't have visual evidence, but my cellulite definitely seems to be on the retreat. I have seen a major improvement in the last 7lbs under the top end of 'normal' BMI
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    My cellulite has almost vanished.
    ficq9u4fxafd.jpeg

• TasiaD28
    TasiaD28 Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2016
    Faeriesue1... Wow! What a major difference. I think that is awesome! I have the same problem with my legs being the worst part. What did you do related to your exercise/diet?? I could really use the help!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    I hold most my weight in my legs as well. I can't tell much of a difference after 12 weeks lifting from the front, but when I look at before/after pics from the side I see an overall shrinkage. Same shape, just smaller.

rtp6e0dfhrtz.jpeg

I can so tell a difference in the side as well. Way to go!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Faerie - your butt/legs are the most inspiring things I've seen on MFP. I know it takes time and hard work, but how long did it take to go from the first picture to last! Holy crap you really look great.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    l6r0ak8yah3a.jpeg
    ati58i4d54ws.jpeg

You give me hope and inspiration!! My legs and butt have always been big. I'm hoping though that this time I will shrink them as you have. Absolutely fantastic!!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    I looked but I can't really find any leg pics as I don't have a full-length mirror. I do have sort of a progress "bum" pic though. One year apart and about 35lb difference.

v17adtst5183.jpeg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!