How many calories do you spend on treats?

Options
Xxlune
Xxlune Posts: 34 Member
How many calories per day or per week, going by the 'no foods are evil/wrong' principle, do you spend on treats?
Do you have them daily or do you save them up to indulge properly once a week?

I try to keep this limited to 200 calories per day, and the rest should be "good food" or at least filling.
My go-to treat is chocolate. God I miss eating all the chocolate I wanted.

What are your experiences? Please share!

Replies

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I think that it's important to allow those treats. I think 200 calories a day seems reasonable. Lately my little treat has been a McDonalds vanilla ice cream cone for 170 calories when the mood strikes. Chocolate is also something I make room for as well. Have you tried dark cocoa powder (1 tbs at 10 calories) mixed with oatmeal and 1 tsp of peanut butter, sweetner of choice (I use swerve), sea salt, and 1 tbs coconut? It tastes like no bake cookies. Super yummy and helps when I want chocolate but need more nutrients to fill me up.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I pretty use most of my Fitbit calories on them. It's usually around 450 calories at the end of the day.

I plan on having Pop Tarts today.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    For me, a salad is a treat every time....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I try not to go over 300 calories of non filling foods - bread, cookies, cracker, even rice. But I guess what's filling and what isn't depends on the day too...
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I set aside about 200 calories for "treats" per day.
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I only have a "treat" if I've meet my macros for the day. If so, the rest of my calories will be cookies. This only happens a couple times a week but I keep oreos hidden in a cereal box pre weighed just for those occasions.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I usually use a treat to fill a small calorie gap, often 100 calories. I will usually eat a cookie, this week for instance I made pumpkin cookies; if I am over 30g on fat or over my sugar limit I'll eat a Dandie (vegan marshmallow) instead.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The only "treat" I schedule is a hot pickle. Everything else is functional for protein, fiber, starch, fat, or carbs. The pickle is fire and salt. I can only have it when everything else has been so low in sodium that the pickle becomes functional because I need salt.
  • Xxlune
    Xxlune Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are all eating so clean! It's inspiring :)

It almost makes me feel bad for filling up those last 200 calories with chocolate (almost.)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Xxlune wrote: »
    You are all eating so clean! It's inspiring :)

It almost makes me feel bad for filling up those last 200 calories with chocolate (almost.)

I lurves me some durty, durty chocolate. :D

I make room in my allotment each day for a treat in the evening. And yes, it's usually something chocolate-y. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    All of them!! :)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    On a typical day, I'd say anywhere between 200-300 calories. This could be anything from ice cream to Greek yogurt with fruit to candy or chocolate.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hard to say, because some of the things I adore, like pickles, are low calorie and thus people wouldn't call them treats. I don't have a very big sweet tooth, but I probably spend 600 ish calories a week on bourbon whiskey, which is my 'treat'
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I don't have treats (what you would class as a treat anyway) I have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day and I already eat whatever I want. Luckily I enjoy eating healthily and don't crave any "treats"
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance so it's different, but on weekends I can end up with 1000-1500 calories of treats (out of 3000 calories total if I'm active enough). During the week it's only a few hundred per day. Also greek yogurt or fruit doesn't count as a treat for me, but peanut butter does :)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    300-500 calories...I maintain my weight around 2000 calories a day.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, but I try to keep it around 200-300 usually. But I mean yesterday I had two Reeses cups (210) and 1c ice cream (280), and a bag of chips for 450.

Honestly as long as I can fit it in, I'm gonna eat it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I have a glass or two of wine pretty much every day, and usually something sweet as well (square of chocolate, serving of oreos, half serving of Talenti). Depends how much room I have - on the weekends I have more.

I'd say usually 200-500 cals of what many others would call "treats".
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day. Some days I have none, some days i'll spend half my calories on them. Still within my goals, every day can't be perfect.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Way more than I should be - I don't that many calories and can't really afford nutritionally to spend more than 100-200 cals on that kind of thing on a regular basis. But I do.

I'm trying an experiment and swapping out some of it for a mix of blackberries, strawberries, and ricotta. Maybe it'll help keep me in check :smile: