What's the most recent time you have allowed yourself to feel belittled, offended or angry?

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
I think I allowed myself to become angry at my 5 yo for being a goober as my latest offense to myself.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    On Monday. My lovely boss, who doesn't really have a filter, or couth....had sent me an email on Friday to say the paycheques were in her mailbox. But she didn't say it in the body of the email, and I missed it. Monday she calls, says, "I guess you don't want to get paid?"....I said I didn't see the message saying cheques were ready...Her response? "I guess I didn't spell it out for you." Just a stupid little sentence, that went right through me. I work hard, and ALOT to get our work done, and for very little pay. That sentence, to me is the same as saying "What are you, stupid?" I left it, as we are in our final weeks of employment and it wasn't worth the bs, but it stuck with me all week.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    i don't remember. i mostly just feel hurt or misunderstood

I'm sorry anyone makes you feel that way. You deserve better. Show me who they are, I'll go ruin their day for you! xoxo
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Yesterday afternoon or was it evening(?) I was offended
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    On Monday. My lovely boss, who doesn't really have a filter, or couth....had sent me an email on Friday to say the paycheques were in her mailbox. But she didn't say it in the body of the email, and I missed it. Monday she calls, says, "I guess you don't want to get paid?"....I said I didn't see the message saying cheques were ready...Her response? "I guess I didn't spell it out for you." Just a stupid little sentence, that went right through me. I work hard, and ALOT to get our work done, and for very little pay. That sentence, to me is the same as saying "What are you, stupid?" I left it, as we are in our final weeks of employment and it wasn't worth the bs, but it stuck with me all week.

your boss sounds like a passive aggressive b*tch >:(
    ejinvt wrote: »
    this post offends me

I'm offended about how easily offended you are.

THAT would have really upset me. There are few things that bother me as much as someone implying I'm stupid, which that clearly did (and which you are CLEARLY NOT)

RIGHT???!!!!!! I spent all week wondering if my skin was too thin.....Thankyou for confirming it's not! You are both fabulous!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    17 years ago. Can't even remember the details. I just remember that it was over my daughter and I got mad at my wife. Luckily, we had just had a truck load of soil delivered. I abruptly left the room and went outside in the rain and began wheelbarrowing soil from the front yard to the back yard. Took hours. My wife knew to leave me be, but my daughter, who was 5 at the time, came to the back door, with tears in her eyes, and asked me what she did to make me so mad. I felt like shlt. Told her she did nothing wrong.

That, by the way, was my one and only fight (if you could call it that) with my wife. She does not even remember it.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    monday when i was berated & shouted at by a stranger on the street
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    there was this game of monopoly a few years back.... needless to say, that relationship is over.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    there was this game of monopoly a few years back.... needless to say, that relationship is over.

mcpgyp8nr5xh.jpg
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    As for me, I'm pretty chill but "never read the comments" is a piece of advice I should follow more often.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Last night. I'm an asthmatic that was also diagnosed with sarcoidosis in January. Needless to say I'm anxious about it. My wife works in health care and is very cold when it comes to my health etc. Last night she belittled me in front of the children. Not cool.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Last night. I'm an asthmatic that was also diagnosed with sarcoidosis in January. Needless to say I'm anxious about it. My wife works in health care and is very cold when it comes to my health etc. Last night she belittled me in front of the children. Not cool.

what's sarcoidosis? asthma sucks my husband has it it's scary when he starts wheezing
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm offended that you don't remember the last time I was offended.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

what's sarcoidosis? asthma sucks my husband has it it's scary when he starts wheezing

Do you even watch House, MD? Geez!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I allowed myself to get angry with my 6 year old last night when he kept interrupting his mom and eye when we were trying to have a serious conversation about something that was important.

Fortunately, I don't really get offended too easily...life would suck if I were as easily offended as so many people seem to be. I don't remember the last time I felt berated...even when I was in boot camp, it was hard just to not laugh at the over the top attempts to "break me."
  • synchkat
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »

Do you even watch House, MD? Geez!

No? I can't get past Hugh Laurie's fake American accent.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This morning, when my cat got me out of bed early so she could have my warm spot.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

That is NOT cool at all, agreed. Sometimes we just don't think about who may be listening, I'm sorry xo