What's the most recent time you have allowed yourself to feel belittled, offended or angry?

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I gotta say that I might be feeling a little offended with threads disappearing. I might have to go smash something to calm myself down. Someone from marketing should do the trick.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    This morning when my alarm had the nerve to wake me up.
  • jnichel
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    I gotta say that I might be feeling a little offended with threads disappearing. I might have to go smash something to calm myself down. Someone from marketing should do the trick.

You read my mind!

Yes, yes I did and......

Oh, well, I never! How dare you think that about me! I'm a married man!

;)
  • jnichel
    Options

This. Especially when I'm in the midst of trying to bully someone.

I learned my lesson years ago not to get in your way. ;)
  • Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I never allow myself to feel belittled personally, my ego just doesn't allow it. Anger is a different story. I allow many little things to grate on my nerves.. like people loudly slurping their food, and little kids whining in public.
  • jnichel
    Options

You read my mind!

Yes, yes I did and......

Oh, well, I never! How dare you think that about me! I'm a married man!

;)

No way?!?! Really?!?! I am a married man too!! :astonished::lol:

Wait, are you me?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    17 years ago. Can't even remember the details. I just remember that it was over my daughter and I got mad at my wife. Luckily, we had just had a truck load of soil delivered. I abruptly left the room and went outside in the rain and began wheelbarrowing soil from the front yard to the back yard. Took hours. My wife knew to leave me be, but my daughter, who was 5 at the time, came to the back door, with tears in her eyes, and asked me what she did to make me so mad. I felt like shlt. Told her she did nothing wrong.

That, by the way, was my one and only fight (if you could call it that) with my wife. She does not even remember it.

Yardwork is great for stress relief!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    On Monday. My lovely boss, who doesn't really have a filter, or couth....had sent me an email on Friday to say the paycheques were in her mailbox. But she didn't say it in the body of the email, and I missed it. Monday she calls, says, "I guess you don't want to get paid?"....I said I didn't see the message saying cheques were ready...Her response? "I guess I didn't spell it out for you." Just a stupid little sentence, that went right through me. I work hard, and ALOT to get our work done, and for very little pay. That sentence, to me is the same as saying "What are you, stupid?" I left it, as we are in our final weeks of employment and it wasn't worth the bs, but it stuck with me all week.

She sounds awful. Glad you won't be working for her much longer.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, on a serious answer note though - poachers. I see it every time I go fishing and it's infuriating. People keeping waaay over their limit of fish, regardless of size. They're so greedy they don't understand (or care?) that that's the exact behavior that will kill off the very thing they love doing. It seriously makes me ultra f-kittening stabby.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Last night. I'm an asthmatic that was also diagnosed with sarcoidosis in January. Needless to say I'm anxious about it. My wife works in health care and is very cold when it comes to my health etc. Last night she belittled me in front of the children. Not cool.

what's sarcoidosis? asthma sucks my husband has it it's scary when he starts wheezing

It's an autoimmune disease that causes granulomas in different organs. Mine is in my lungs.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    This week (anger and offended) my bff and I cut ties after a huge argument, she said some outlandish things to defend her position, but after a few hours of escalating the conflict I just let her talk and said I was through
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Last night. I'm an asthmatic that was also diagnosed with sarcoidosis in January. Needless to say I'm anxious about it. My wife works in health care and is very cold when it comes to my health etc. Last night she belittled me in front of the children. Not cool.

what's sarcoidosis? asthma sucks my husband has it it's scary when he starts wheezing

It's an autoimmune disease that causes granulomas in different organs. Mine is in my lungs.

Eek. That can't be good for someone with a diminished lung capacity already
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, on a serious answer note though - poachers. I see it every time I go fishing and it's infuriating. People keeping waaay over their limit of fish, regardless of size. They're so greedy they don't understand (or care?) that that's the exact behavior that will kill off the very thing they love doing. It seriously makes me ultra f-kittening stabby.

There was 1/2 acre public pond I used to fish that was stocked with rainbow trout in the winter. State put like 250 10-14" fish every two weeks.

There was this couple, dad, and niece and nephew (that didn't fish, they brought them so they could take more fish home) that would fish there EVERY weekend. They'd set out like 15 rods (fishing trout bait off the bottom) between the 3 of them fishing. They'd catch their limit and then go to a "relatives" house and then be back.

I'd say that group caught more of those fish than the rest of the fisherman that fished combined. That is NOT what the state of Texas paid good money to stock those fish for.

I got pizzed and wrote a LONG email to TPWD about this practice. Some anglers do the same for urban ponds with channel catfish stocked by the state.

Not two weeks after that letter they had signs up at every public fishing pond in my area in that program that there was a 2 rod max per angler. Also they increased the warden presence at those ponds.

Also, one day after seeing them catch like 40 fish on a Saturday, friend and I had enough. I set out EVERY rod I owned (it was ridiculous) around the main area that most of the fish were caught, and we got there at like 6 AM (about an hour and a half before daylight/any fish biting) to make sure we were there first.

I moved all my rods for any other anglers to be able to fish the hotspot besides that group.

It made me so mad because that is not the spirit of the TPWD urban fishing program whatsoever.