Eat more to lose weight

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    Options
    I'm happy you're happy and losing weight. If I gave a (I might as well put the 'kitten' in here myself), I might be sad that you felt the need to demonize other people's choices, by calling them "garbage", as you proceed on your happy way.

Truly, you don't understand why other people are reacting negatively to this polemical (and according to others, hypocritical) posting? SMH.

Sincerely, I wish you success. Eating more single-ingredient foods can be a Good Thing - I like it myself, and always have. When overweight, losing weight in a healthy way is for sure a Good Thing. The former can be a useful route to the latter. Go, you!

But be nicer about other people's different choices. People will react better.

And personally, I'd suggest using your weight loss process as an opportunity to learn to eat in a healthy way that you can sustain for the whole rest of your life, making it easier to stay healthy permanently. But if you don't choose to do that, that's cool, too.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You may have deleted your post but we all saw it. You claimed you were eating in a way your diary showed you were not. Then you said you only started Monday, with your original claims being "the pounds are coming off". Not in a couple of days they are not. I don't really understand your intentions here.
  • Beastie1982
    Beastie1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Last time when I ate what I wanted without calories restriction I was 325lbs lol Good luck
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Eating more does not equate to losing weight.
    Eating at deficit ensures weight loss.
    This does not mean we have to half starve ourselves, it means most of us don't have to eat as low as 1200 calories to lose.
    A less agressive deficit is more achievable with weight loss being slow and steadier.
    For me I can lose 1/2lb per week eating 1900 calories. I'm 5ft 2"/active/46yrs. So for me I eat more yet lose! its all about being at deficit. (at maintenance for 3yrs and eat average 2100 calories)
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I like chemicals and some processed food in my diet and multi-ingredient meals and eating well over 2000 calories every day while losing, so I guess that's a no from me.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I don't understand, how can you only eat foods that have one ingredient? like you'd eat a plate full of carrots for breakfast, and entire chicken for lunch, and a whole broccoli for dinner? That doesn't sound enjoyable or sustainable.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Everything is a chemical...
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    qpmomma1 wrote: »

Light isn't a chemical ;)
  • qpmomma1
    Options

Well, if the OP is wanting to cut out chemicals they better start with water. ;)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Everything is processed, unless you are eating straight from the garden without washing off the fruit or vegetable.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

Well, if the OP is wanting to cut out chemicals they better start with water. ;)

So very true. I hear it's terrible stuff when inhaled.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Everything is processed, unless you are eating straight from the garden without washing off the fruit or vegetable.

Wouldn't the dirt and bugs count as more than one ingredient? :smiley:
  • qpmomma1
    Options

So very true. I hear it's terrible stuff when inhaled.

The stuff can be downright deadly!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I eat only foods with integer numbers of ingredients.

> numbers not defined, proceeding to eat all ingredients and all chemicals