Eat more to lose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Is anyone else "dieting" this way? I decided I'd have no calorie restriction. My only rule is that I can only eat foods that contain one ingredient. Pounds are coming off, I'm full, I'm healthier, and I haven't eaten 2000 calories in a day yet. Real food is the answer. Stop eating garbage and chemicals.

No way. I'm nearly four years into maintaining a 40 lb loss and did it eating food I like. All of the food j eat is real food. I mean, I've pretended to eat some fake food with my son during play time but that's as close as I've gotten to that.

But since we're telling people to stop things, here's mine:

Stop doling out absolutist opinions that are likely to fail for the vast majority of people trying to lose weight.
    Amen...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I started Monday. I didn't preach to anyone. I asked if anyone else was doing it. Why is everyone so angry about someone eating better and losing weight? Is it jealousy? Acting like cuntasaurus Rex in this place.

Holy *kitten*snacks.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Wait...does the reaction between food and saliva coupled with the mechanical action of mastication count as processing? And then all the digestive acid. The enemy within is treating all of my food with ACID!!! I'm scared! :#
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't understand, how can you only eat foods that have one ingredient? like you'd eat a plate full of carrots for breakfast, and entire chicken for lunch, and a whole broccoli for dinner? That doesn't sound enjoyable or sustainable.

Yeah, I found this puzzling too.

Plus, I like to cook, and that often involves mixing ingredients. Why is it okay to eat eggs alone, broccoli alone, spinach alone, so on, but if I make an omelet with broccoli, spinach, maybe some mushrooms, a bit of olive oil and some feta, no longer a good choice?

Similarly, spinach is fine, but I like it best in a salad with other ingredients.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else "dieting" this way? I decided I'd have no calorie restriction. My only rule is that I can only eat foods that contain one ingredient. Pounds are coming off, I'm full, I'm healthier, and I haven't eaten 2000 calories in a day yet. Real food is the answer. Stop eating garbage and chemicals.

You say you have no calorie restriction...but what you're doing is resulting in a calorie restriction...which is why you're losing weight...so I'm confused.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there were foods w/ only 1 ingredient; I want a list...Pronto! (Not cuz I'm going to do it just cuz I'm curious...Personally I like eating my "garbage" food!).
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    3300-white-z1-t-my-body-is-a-temple.png

ETA: That I take no responsibility for the butt-ton of money you're going to be tempted to spend at this website.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    3300-white-z1-t-my-body-is-a-temple.png

YEEESS!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Um, putting together ingredients can still be healthy. It's called "cooking". Like, vegetables and oil and heat. Now you have roasted vegetables! Lots of vegetables and spices. Now you have soup! You can put rice and tofu and soysauce together! The possibilities are endless.
    Sorry for the snark, it just sounded a little sanctimonious about eating habits that didn't sound very healthy to me. Quite similar to some ED compulsions of mine in the past. I wouldn't want to do it voluntarily.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Guys this person is obviously trolling.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    Guys this person is obviously trolling.

Very likely. They probably won't be back.
  • unawind
    unawind Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    And your whole foods are laden with chemicals. ...because chemical compounds form all life.