Starbucks is a pickup spot?

Options
ClubSilencio
ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
So I went to Starbucks this morning for like the third time ever and I was wondering if this type of experience is pretty standard for a coffee shop.

I was preparing my coffee at the counter and a man stood beside me, reaches over my body and says, "Pass the soy milk???" I smiled politely and handed it to him as I was stirring in my 2 packets of Splenda. He then says, "Stuff will kill ya."

I just shrugged and replied, "So can car accidents." We both laughed and then he says, "But you look like you take care of yourself.... VERY WELL if I may say. Hope that's not outta line."

I assured him that was fine and thanked him for the compliment.

10 min later I'm getting ready to leave after checking some emails and flipping through the latest Harper's and I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's that man again and he says to me, "Heading over to the used bookstore across the street.... could use a second opinion." I bashfully declined and told him I had to get to work and that was that.

Who knew Starbucks could be like this? :blush:

Replies

• kevin3676
    kevin3676 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it wasn't just because it was Starbucks
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I am oddly aroused by this
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Passing the soy milk?! It shows interest. You were asking for it.
  • kevin3676
    kevin3676 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Passing the soy milk?! It shows interest. You were asking for it.
    Haha totally was the soy milk. It screams, "take me now!" lol
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I actually think it was the stirring motion while getting the soy milk. It's that come hither wrist motion and the hint of a reach around with the passing of the cream.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My Starbucks serves beer and wine so ya it's the new "it" spot to pick up
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    I actually think it was the stirring motion while getting the soy milk. It's that come hither wrist motion and the hint of a reach around with the passing of the cream.

You have a point. The condiment counter is an intimate space. All that free sugar laying around. Let's just agree that good looking people should stay out of Starbucks.

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    As a former barista, I will attest to Starbucks being a pickup spot. The cups and sleeves also say "Caution: The beverage you're about to enjoy is extremely hot."

If cute customers came in, sometimes we would be bold to cross out the right words to have it say "Caution: You're extremely hot."

Or know their regular drink order and have it made before they have to say anything.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Really??
  • synchkat
    Options
    Well clearly I am hanging out at the wrong coffee shop!

good lord woman with the amount of time you are there you must have been hit on
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Well clearly I am hanging out at the wrong coffee shop!

good lord woman with the amount of time you are there you must have been hit on

I order on the app, walk in, grab my coffee, walk out..LIKE A BOSS!!! I keep my ear buds in too so no one talks to me lol

You have so much to learn!!! ;)