Premium membership, is it worth it and what all do you really get?

Options
dbkyser
dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
Curious to the people who have or used the premium version if it is / was worth it and what benefits did you see.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken the plunge...but know it's ad free, helps track macros etc better and allows for other options like include exercise calories or change daily goal.

I won't pay until the database is cleaned up personally.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I haven't taken the plunge...but know it's ad free, helps track macros etc better and allows for other options like include exercise calories or change daily goal.

Adblock solves the ad issue.
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Any ideas on how to do that, at a price that we'd be willing to pay for, while still keeping such a wide range of foods from all over the world?
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have paid, mainly because I wanted to have different daily goals, it does tell me more about which foods were highest for macros and stuff, but I am not so bothered about that. I'd rather fund a service via a subscription than ads, if I have the choice. It didn't break the bank.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    angerelle wrote: »

Any ideas on how to do that, at a price that we'd be willing to pay for, while still keeping such a wide range of foods from all over the world?

well there are a couple of options.

Using the USDA or other Gov websites for counts.

Not allowing user entered data to be seen by others just the user who entered it.

For premium it shouldn't be that much...it's simplistically speaking if then else....

If membership=premium then go to premium database else regular database.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    UBlock Origin ad blocker also works nicely - free.