Y am I not losing weight?

Options
tenshi614
tenshi614 Posts: 51 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so my MFP is set for 1,200 calories and losing 2 lbs a week, it's been about 2 weeks for me and I havnt lost at all. I walk 5 miles or more a day and burn about average 516 or more calories from the walk. Then most of the time the extra remaining calories ur supposed 2 eat I usually leave 200 or 400 left. Cuz I'm just not hungry. So y have I not lost anything?

Replies

• tenshi614
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm eating 200 or 400 less then what the remaining is telling me 2 eat. I was told 2 eat 50% to 75% what u burn. Is that wrong? Y does it say remaining if ur not supposed 2 consume it?
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Are you weighing your foods? if not, you're eating more than you think. I had this issue with pre-packaged stuff. Trusting the label and not weighing everything. My 255 gram pizza was actually 400 something grams, making the cal count 900 something instead of 520 like the label said.

I also walk 5-7 miles a day and use my Fitbit to calculate calories burned and TDEE.
  • tenshi614
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't have a scale but I use the barcode and do the math that way. I use measuring cups and sponsors Cuz I don't have a scale
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    tenshi614 wrote: »
    I don't have a scale but I use the barcode and do the math that way. I use measuring cups and sponsors Cuz I don't have a scale

Yeah, you're eating way more than you think.
  • tenshi614
    Options
    I make more home made stuff from recipes and what they serve and the measuring of the ingredients it says 2 use.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    are you literally eating less than 1200 calories or are you talking about 1200 calories plus eating some of your exercise calories back?

btw, how tall are you and do you weigh EVERY single piece of food accurately and log it choosing accurate database entries?
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Are you over estimating exercise and underestimating food? Unless you have a medical problem, if you eat less than you use you will lose weight. It is that easy.
  • tenshi614
    edited May 2016
    Options
    are you literally eating less than 1200 calories or are you talking about 1200 calories plus eating some of your exercise calories back?

btw, how tall are you and do you weigh EVERY single piece of food accurately and log it choosing accurate database entries?

The calories plus what it says 2 eat from exercising, but I don't eat it all. I leave 200 to 400 left every time, sometimes more. I don't have a scale I use the bar codes and measuring spoons and stuff. I am 5ft 4 in Age 28
  • tenshi614
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    Are you over estimating exercise and underestimating food? Unless you have a medical problem, if you eat less than you use you will lose weight. It is that easy.

I use mapmy fitness app for the walk.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Yeah, pretty much. Like I said, labels can be wrong or inaccurate.
  • ronigrant594
    ronigrant594 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weighing food really helps but so does eating the right amount. If you are supposed to eat 1200 Kcal a day then you need to eat at least that much. Never mind about the extra calories your exercise gives you. Also, watch the amount of salt you take in as it can cause you to retain water which adds pounds.