Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

McDonalds for lunch...235 calories left for the day

mis1022
mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
Ugh so I am tired and really don't want to be at work, the weather is finally nice in Michigan today, so I go for a drive during my lunch break and choose McDonalds. I was trying to make myself happy I think. But now not feeling so happy I logged what I ate so 235 calories left for dinner.
I plan on exersicing tonight so that will give me a few more. I have to remember this feeling BEFORE I eat McDonalds But hey its a journey.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Yup, I've learned to prelog if I'm not eating my normal lunch or dinner.
  • Trinique34
    Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
    I heard ya. I was going to have a Pesto Chicken Panini (approx 700 cals) but decided to have my homemade turkey chili instead. Fridays are especially difficult since you've worked hard all week and feel like you need a treat. The important thing is that you log it and move on. Nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while. And if you workout today, you will be fine and still have cals for supper.

• cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Oh no! I aim for the cheeseburger because it's only 300. I love french fries but I have learned to have them on occasion. Those can wreak a day fast. I wonder if you can buy a Cutie separately or they are just for kid's meals? lol Don't sweat it because tomorrow is a new day and you learned from it so it wasn't a total loss. :smiley:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I have go to orders for the 2 or 3 fast food places we eat at. At MCD's I always get the southwest salad w/ grilled chicken...If I'm still hungry I steal fries from my kids (and log them) or get a yogurt parfait. If I let myself get tempted I'm walking out of there with nothing but a 600 calories x-large fries lol.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    I did the same thing with JJ's that my co workers ordered. I see a really boring salad on my horizon for dinner.
  • sisu89
    sisu89 Posts: 38 Member
    I always try to take a look at the calorie listings on the menu before I order. That's the one nice thing about fast food places, they have to list the calories for everything!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I can do okay if I get a grilled chicken wrap or even a grilled chicken sandwich but you gotta not eat the fries or have a sweet drink.
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    12by311 wrote: »
    You could always volume eat for dinner and eat a HUGE salad.

I agree. You could still have a big salad or a bowl of soup for dinner and call it a day. When I have a big lunch, I am usually able to keep my dinner relatively light.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Lean meat & veggies: can get a lot of food in for 250-350 cals.

I went out for a walk today, and considered McDs. Decided it was not enjoyable enough for the ~700 cals that a McDouble and Small fries would have been.
    mis1022 wrote: »
    Ugh so I am tired and really don't want to be at work, the weather is finally nice in Michigan today, so I go for a drive during my lunch break and choose McDonalds. I was trying to make myself happy I think. But now not feeling so happy I logged what I ate so 235 calories left for dinner.
    I plan on exersicing tonight so that will give me a few more. I have to remember this feeling BEFORE I eat McDonalds But hey its a journey.

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    remember you can just as easily run into a pharmacy, grocery or other place that sells yogurts, protein bars, cheese snacks, baked chips etc, I have eaten fast food maybe 5 times in 2 years, I loathe that crap, it kills my belly after eating healthy for so long.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    For 235 calories left the day i would go for a steam veggie dinner...big one lol When i would worry about it.
    Some celery, tomato, snap beans, spinach carrots etc wok them or steam them and walla a huge dinner for around 200 calories

But most of the time i just dint worry about it the deficit was calculated over the week.
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Have a can of tinned soup for dinner. Under 200 calories most of them and take that hungry feeling away.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    I did that at a work event yesterday. Jason's Deli - even with making the best choices possible, I still walked away eating 800 calories in one meal.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    For 204 cals... have my standard breakfast. 6 small egg whites + 2 small egg yokes scrambled. I put tabasco sauce on it and sprinkle some shredded cheese. More volume then you probably can eat. Tastes great... and holds me (255lb guy) a long time. Good luck. My salads tend to be about 400 cal.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I log in the morning after breakfast, brakfast is always the same for me. Then I stick with it. If I think I will eat at a resaurant then I have to fit that in. I remember that if I have to eat up to maintenance, its ok, I'll still lose, just not as fast. :)