McDonalds for lunch...235 calories left for the day

Options

Replies

• Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Next time you get that McCraving do go the happy route. Get a Happy Meal. All the flavor and built-in portion control, plus a toy.

Oops, didn't see shinycrazy already posted my great idea.
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I could have made this exact post. I never want to eat McDonald's, but today's a very off day for me. So I had it for lunch. Luckily I'm working tonight, so I'll be on my feet and moving around a lot. I know that'll burn off some calories, and I'm planning a salad or some cottage cheese and fruit for dinner. Oh, and LOTS of water.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I had the opposite experience! Decided to get their Buttermilk Crispy Chicken, which I've always wanted to try, and it was huge and I enjoyed it so much! We rarely ever get fast food, so I believe in getting something I'll really enjoy if I'm going to spend the calories on it. I couldn't tell you the last time I had fried anything- it really hit the spot. As for dinner, I agree about the big salad idea. I will often make a big Greek salad with spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, red onion, olives, and feta with light Olive Garden brand dressing. I've also been making a coleslaw, kale, lettuce combo with apple, deli turkey, dried cranberries & blue cheese. Both are under 300 calories for a huge serving. Some of the toppings are higher calorie but pack a lot of flavor, so you can get by with less. :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    mis1022 wrote: »
    Ugh so I am tired and really don't want to be at work, the weather is finally nice in Michigan today, so I go for a drive during my lunch break and choose McDonalds. I was trying to make myself happy I think. But now not feeling so happy I logged what I ate so 235 calories left for dinner.
    I plan on exersicing tonight so that will give me a few more. I have to remember this feeling BEFORE I eat McDonalds But hey its a journey.

You could have a sandwich or a couple of eggs or yogurt, lots of vegetables, or lentil soup or salad or a bowl of cereal. It isn't the end of the world to have 235 calories left for dinner.
    Look at the nutritional info for places you typically go and make a list of choices that fit your usual lunch calorie amount. Throw that list in your bag or car and refer to it.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Was it good?

It was McDonald's, it wasn't good.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mavrick_RN wrote: »
    Next time you get that McCraving do go the happy route. Get a Happy Meal. All the flavor and built-in portion control plus a toy.

I get 2 double cheese burgers, plain and toss the bun. 520 calories, low carb, and way more filling than a happy meal.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Was it good?

It was McDonald's, it wasn't good.

I had low expectations, but my Buttermilk Crispy Chicken was awesome! :)
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I had JITB today- damn you curly fries!!
    So, meh- eating at maint today I suppose, shoot for bigger than normal deficit tomorrow. Totally do-able.
    Tis life....

We live to deficit another day.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I started prelogging.

If I don't have plans I check on nutritional menus on my break...

But to the matter of the OP...for dinner...

I had a turkey taco salad last night it was yummy and a lot bigger than it needed to be....500 calories
    I had lean pork chops and roasted veggies the other night 295 calories (I was full)

my go is lean cuisine grilled chicken in wine sauce. 160 calories and 14 grams of protein.

Filling and yummy.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    235 isn't bad. Do up lots of veggies, have some low fat yogurt and your good.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating the McDonald's hamburger as long as you don't do it on a daily basis. The worst thing you can do is deprive yourself of something that you enjoy that's why diets fail this is not a diet this is a lifestyle change.

Enjoy the burger don't worry about it. One or two hamburgers over 1 month won't matter much.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    A bag of microwave popcorn is around 150 calories. That's my go to if I'm low on calories at the end of the day.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I keep eating out at lunch and having a small allotment for dinner, so I understand that. Really makes you think about what your dinner is going to be, that's for sure. I'm thinking salad with one of the 100cal quacamole packs and lots of veggie toppings. Overall as long as you're still in a deficit one day a little over isn't going to kill things thankfully!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Go for volume for dinner! I have a high cal dinner coming tomorrow, and wine, so for Sunday I'm planning a huge plate of roasted zucchini for lunch :) I know I will be stuffed and satisfied and it will help me balance out my Saturday :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Ha! Did that earlier this week with a Chick Fil A chicken bagel. First time I was within 2 digits of my calorie allotment! Was REALLY careful!
    ...blew my sodium out the window, as well as carbs. :(
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My FAVE quick dinner is under 300cals and so filling.

I chop up half a zucchini, half a long eggplant, half a bell pepper, several handfuls of spinach, half a box of mushrooms, some minced garlic, a bit of broccoli. Then I get a deep pan, pour 3 tbsp soy sauce and 3 tbsp rice vinegar, dump in all the veg and put a lid on it. The liquid cooks everything pretty quickly. Toward the end I mix in 100g of canned chickpeas.

If I have extra calories, I'll have a bit of rice. But this all on its own is so good.

I made a double batch the other day for like 488cals and intended to eat it all but I seriously couldn't manage :)

• susanohio
    susanohio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes , you can buy the cuties separately - they are 50 cents , I get the oatmeal with out brown sugar and 2 cuties when I am in a rush .
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Last night my dinner came to 188 calories. It consisted of Baked Talipia, Cole slaw and Brussel sprouts and water to drink. You would still come in under what you have left
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I had a "heavy" lunch, so dinner was salmon and brussels sprouts, only 291 cals and filling. I still have room for a treat later. B)
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    2 options for dinner: a whole wheat english muffin with an egg, avocado, and salsa...or my favourite: a boatload of veggies in tomato sauce over zucchini or spaghetti squash noodles. The day can be saved ;)