Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Imagine a beautiful, loving supportive relationship existed between a women and a man who met on MFP. You know, the dreamy kind of relationship that nearly everyone imagines is possible and and is interested in being a part of.

Somewhere there was a suggestion. It was an emoji, then a 'hi' then a "hey there"....and on and on and on....then someone implied/suggested cultivating a relationships.

In this scenario, in this dreamy relationship, which suggestion seems more probable "let's cultivate a relationship" or "meow, you're hot stuff"

Where between creepy animal mating, and pious non-romantic cultural arranged marriages, is the fine line that is acceptable.

And MOST importantly, is that fine line the same for all women on MFP? Is it the same for all men on MFP? Clearly not.

So speak for yourself (I don't mean that in the nasty insulting way) but speak for yourself because what you like and want is all your own, and what someone else likes and wants is all there own. We're all adults here.

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    In my profile picture I have more covered than most people a the beach. My boobs and butt aren't hanging out. The only thing showing is my abdominal region. It isn't a drool worthy picture. I've never been considered a head turner, but the reactions to my picture are humorous. If my stomach is considered provocative then I'll take that as a compliment. You guys have put a smile on my face and given me a confidence boost
  • royboy969
    royboy969 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am an old fart, but still alive. I am a flirt, but try to use it in humor. I try my best to be supportive and will compliment looks and effort. I don't expect to meet up with any of you, but would have coffee if asked. We all need to have fun in this journey we are on. I don't think I have been disrespectful. If you look good, if you look sexy, I am going to say it.. I hope that makes sense
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Hey there y'all
  • bootqueenmfp
    Options
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Hey there y'all

You forgot the ;)
  • bootqueenmfp
    Options
    Ooooo sorry lol
  • bootqueenmfp
    Options
    ;)
  • bootqueenmfp
    Options
    Is that better
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    In my profile picture I have more covered than most people a the beach. My boobs and butt aren't hanging out. The only thing showing is my abdominal region. It isn't a drool worthy picture. I've never been considered a head turner, but the reactions to my picture are humorous. If my stomach is considered provocative then I'll take that as a compliment. You guys have put a smile on my face and given me a confidence boost

You look good! I just find it amusing that someone who apparently doesn't want attention would post that picture. The safest bet for less attention is no pic, or a generic stock image. Either change your image, or ignore any messages you recieve. Problem solved.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    On that note... e8a5w9s.gif
  • bootqueenmfp
    Options
    He man and shera......princess of power!!!! So cool!!!!
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I agree with this post. Even when you have " in a relationship" in the about me section and post that you don't reply to messages, you still get guys trying to talk. I don't wanna talk to you all in private.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I can see your point, I've always found getting hit on or hitting on people online just plain creepy. That being said I've sent a number of messages of to females similar to that, believe me that I'm simply being friendly and not trying to hook up. The likelihood of meeting or coming across another user from MFP in real life is massively slim, so I don't see how an innocent emoticon wink can be perceived as being hit on because that is what it comes down to no ;) and its just someone saying hi. I have no doubts that there are guys who try there luck on here or other forums but I imagine they are a lot more forward that "Hey there? ;) " I'm sure things would be in the other hand if you were ignored by the community, males and females alike did not compliment each other on achieving goals and progress, message each other with words of motivation and praise. I guess you can't please everyone.
    Never really thought to much of it, emoticons are just colloquial language, I use them so commonly when messaging friends they slip into messages online.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I'm totally going to use the winkie face all the time now. ;) I could be creepy. ;) o think I'd make a good creepy person ;)
  • _EPIC_
    _EPIC_ Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    tumblr_o1mnl7UgOW1smqfiko1_500.gif
  • synchkat
    Options
    _EPIC_ wrote: »
    tumblr_o1mnl7UgOW1smqfiko1_500.gif

;)
    Make it extra large and extra dipping sauce... I think everything big. ;)