5'3" women and daily caloric intake (add yours)

Options
13»

Replies

• ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, 5'4" and 120 lbs. I have my goal set at losing 0.5lbs per week and MFP gives me 1452 Calories per day. I find that I am satisfied around 1400.-1600 Calories per day but I also exercise 1-2 hours every day so I am always at a deficit.

I've lost 15 lbs in 3 months.

My best advice is to try to find a Calorie intake that is manageable for you and that doesn't leave you ravenous, because you can make yourself stick to a severe deficit but only for a short time until your body and mind rebel. Figure out things that work for you! Is snacking an issue? Is there any exercise that your really enjoy and doesn't feel like a chore? Do carbs or fat or protein make you feel fuller? Do you know what your pitfalls are?

And yes sore muscles are usually a sign of normal inflammation... and inflammation means that fluids are being retained so that is water weight and not fat weight. Because I lift heavily regularly I am always "inflammed lol It becomes a new baseline. When I take a rest week because of vacation travel then my weight drops because the inflammation drops... when I start working out again though I always gain 1 lbs because of it though.

Good luck and feel free to send me a FR if you are looking for extra MFP pals for motivation!
  • Trinique34
    Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I naturally seem to hit 40/30/30 for my macros and like this!

Is that 40 protein, 30 carbs/fat?
    Sorry if I hijacked your thread btw:)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    looked at your diary @Trinique34 and whee you log like half an apple or 1 large egg or half a protein bar or the cups of veggies and tbsp of peanut butter is that weight out as well?

I know my tbsp of peanut butter were never the 190 calories ( one serving) but almost double lol
    So when i started weighing everything ( yes also my peanut butter and butter and oils) and when i ditched my cups and spoons and stepped away from serving sized listed on labels...i suddenly could eat a lot less than i thought for that amount of calories. Just by weighing it all.

Found out that there were days i ate almost 80 calories in spices and herbs etc
    My coffee which i drink black was daily good for 70 calories! Look at that 150 calories right there! that i didn't really counted

Maybe look for "hidden" calories?

• Trinique34
    Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh my apples and veggies and fruits, but you are correct, I do not weigh my PB, eggs or protein bar. I cut my protein bars exactly in half though LOL. The PB I make sure it's leveled out, not heaping. But you are correct, perhaps those are hidden cals I'm not taking into consideration. I just don't want to become so obsessed with this. I just came off a low carb diet, well 8 months ago. It was really low carb, and my hair started to fall off so I stopped and started MFP and working out with a trainer. I found the low carb diet (Ideal Protein) made me obsess over every little thing I was eating and I didn't like how I was on it.

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" <100 lbs and I maintain on 1500-1700, sometimes closer to 1900 of its been a very active day.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Trinique34 wrote: »
    Trinique34 wrote: »
    I'm always afraid to post on MFP because I see a lot of people judging others and criticizing them so I don't normally post much.

I can't give anyone advice on whether to eat more or less because nothing has worked for me. My trainer said I should be eating 1600 a day....if that helps. I'm going to try eating 1400 this week again and lower my carb intake, we'll see where that takes me when I weigh on Friday morning, sighh LOL

Yes some posters can be harsh and judgemental... coupled with online where you can't tell a person's tone too, advise can be taken the wrong way. I take everything with a grain of salt. :) My program also recommends me going to 1600 calories (but not also eating back any exercise calories). Tempting yet not wanting my weight loss to stall so on the fence. Hoping to decide by end of today. ;)

Are you working out with a trainer as well?

No but I have in the past. I am starting Focus T25 tomorrow! HIIT training! Excited and a bit nervous.

And no, lol you didn't hijack!
    Yes 40/30/30 is my preferred ratio of carbs/fat/protein :)
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    looked at your diary @Trinique34 and whee you log like half an apple or 1 large egg or half a protein bar or the cups of veggies and tbsp of peanut butter is that weight out as well?

I know my tbsp of peanut butter were never the 190 calories ( one serving) but almost double lol
    So when i started weighing everything ( yes also my peanut butter and butter and oils) and when i ditched my cups and spoons and stepped away from serving sized listed on labels...i suddenly could eat a lot less than i thought for that amount of calories. Just by weighing it all.

My coffee which i drink black was daily good for 70 calories! Look at that 150 calories right there! that i didn't really counted

Plain black coffee has calories? omg really??
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

What kind of coffee/how many gallons were you drinking?

I don't weigh eggs or packaged single-serve items, and I'm much more comfortable eyeballing fruits and veggies (but not potatoes) but peanut butter is too calorific to trust to a measuring spoon.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and 125 lbs. I'm eating around 1700 calories a day and losing about a half pound per week. I'm considering increasing calories again because I'm supposed to be in maintenance but may consider staying at this amount so I can have splurge days. :) I'm lightly active and exercise 5 times a week.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options

I don't weigh eggs or packaged single-serve items, and I'm much more comfortable eyeballing fruits and veggies (but not potatoes) but peanut butter is too calorific to trust to a measuring spoon.

coffee is about 5 calories a cup and i drink about 14 a day
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options

Plain black coffee has calories? omg really??

Everything has calories except water and air lol

So yes that 0 oil spray/butter and even stevia has calories But when it is under 5 calories a serving they can list it on the label as zero
    Now a lot for me makes no difference but when you drink a lot of coffee like me, and eat a lot of herbs and i only have a deficit of around the 150 to 200..than it makes a different lol

And i am just bad in eyeballing so i weigh, no big deal at all.

And protein bars can be more in calories too. lots of time my bar is not 56 gram 200 calories but it is almost or is 60 gram.
    Meaning not 200 calories but more again...and the list goes on in this matter.

When you have a big deficit you wont notice it at first. But when you are closer to goal weight ( read leaner) it can make the difference between losing or not.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    5ft 2" / 46yrs (for a few more weeks :smile: ) 130lbs/ maintain on 2100-2300 calories gross/day
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

coffee is about 5 calories a cup and i drink about 14 a day

So, nearly 2 gallons. Legit.

I think the listing I use (and I wouldn't bother if I didn't think it looked strange to have a lonely listing for 2 oz. of milk) claims 3 calories for a 12 oz. cup. I rarely drink more than 2 cups, and 10 calories is few enough that I'm comfortable with that degree of inaccuracy.

That's really a lot of coffee, though. Seriously.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    4'11 = 1200
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    5'2", 126 pounds. Doing a slow cut for summer abs @ 1900 calories per day and have been losing 1/2 per week.