Meals to lose belly fat

Options
zuly886
zuly886 Posts: 30 Member
Hi everyone i will like to know what you guys do to lose belly fat im working on that now work out 4-5 times a week cardio eleptical and trendmill i also work but i move around all day i do abs and planks im 5'1 and weight 150 now trying to lose 20 more lbs i have lost 30 so far need more suggestions about good meal especially dinner and some good snacks for night time Thanks

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    chel325 wrote: »
    You just have to eat less than you burn to lose weight. You can't lose from a specific part of your body. So if you just follow the calories MFP gives you you will lose the weight and it will eventually come off from your belly.

Yes, this is the sad truth and applies to everyone with belly fat to lose.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    There are no foods that reduce belly fat. Just eat at a deficit. If there was a magic food wouldn't we all have flat stomachs?

THIS.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Erm, I don't eat at a deficit. I lost weight, well used some of the fat store I have.
    I cut carbs - bread, pasta and root veg. Increased fat intake to 70%. Moderate protein at 20% and low carbs 10%.
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I recently read that belly fat is the last thing to lose. Don't know where, but I'm finding it true with me. As I lose, my waist gets thinner which makes my belly look rounder in proportion. Gah!
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There are no meals to lose fat. Its simply down to being in a calories deficit.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

So I'm relatively new to the forums, but I swear this is posted multiple times a day lol. Great post.
    cmarangi wrote: »
    I recently read that belly fat is the last thing to lose. Don't know where, but I'm finding it true with me. As I lose, my waist gets thinner which makes my belly look rounder in proportion. Gah!

I lose from my abdomen first. It starts up high but I still lose from my lower abs before I lose from my hips. Darn hips lol.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cmarangi wrote: »

It has more to do with your shape. I'm pear shaped and I lost my stomach oomph pretty early on in my weight loss phase. I had to get around 10lbs below my original goal weight though, before my thighs/bum got the memo :p

OP, there's no special diet/foods to eat, to spot reduce certain areas. Everything will get smaller as you lose weight via eating at the correct calorie deficit for you weight loss goals.
  • ltesiat
    ltesiat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There are some meal that can help reduce belly fat... Such as green apples that have an enzyme that can eat away at belly fat... Drinking green tea or Yerba mate can help with bloating and metabolism which can reduce the waistline... Anything that helps with digestion such as ginger or even turmeric that helps with inflammation can reduce the waistline... I drink ginger tea, and sprinkle turmeric in it or u can add it to a green smoothie... Sweet peppers are great too
  • ltesiat
    ltesiat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My stomach is flat. And a lot of inches around the waist come from not just fat but bloating and inflammation from sodium and foods we eat. As well as food allergens that can cause bloating. Knowledge about this can help reduce the waistline. The only thing in my initial comment I would steer clear of is the smoothies bc that can cause bloating or unwanted sugar.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ltesiat wrote: »
    There are some meal that can help reduce belly fat... Such as green apples that have an enzyme that can eat away at belly fat... Drinking green tea or Yerba mate can help with bloating and metabolism which can reduce the waistline... Anything that helps with digestion such as ginger or even turmeric that helps with inflammation can reduce the waistline... I drink ginger tea, and sprinkle turmeric in it or u can add it to a green smoothie... Sweet peppers are great too

This is not true.

I consume all of these things (except Yerba Mate) and as a matter of fact, I consumed them pretty regularly while my stomach got bigger and rounder. Very large portions of fresh ginger and tumeric, especially.

As another person with autoimmune issues, I've already grown tired of "inflammation" being thrown around like this.