Meals to lose belly fat

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I guess me losing weight eating 200g of carbs most of the time was just a fluke?????
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I guess me losing weight eating 200g of carbs most of the time was just a fluke?????

'Nother fluke checking in. 42.5 lbs down and counting *eats another danish pastry*
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    What is it with some people?
    No, of course I've never logged my calories

Then you have no way of knowing what you are claiming. Period, end of story...

Sarcasm.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Sarcasm.

He's right, unless you mean you are being sarcastic. Nicely played.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    Options
    Btw, well done everyone eating carbs and loosing weight. No need to be so highly strung about how people choose to loose weight.
    I eat carbs, I feel crap. I limit intake of carbs to fresh veg and very, very little fruit and all is well with the world.

BTW, have a look at this...

http://www.dietdoctor.com/calorie-theory-obesity-falsified?utm_source=Diet+Doctor+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b4593ed146-Test&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_41db911777-b4593ed146-463916693

As someone who always asks questions, looking for different ideas. I want to ask this. I'm not criticising, or bashing or trying to undermine. It's just a thought that popped in my head. What if those of us that have studied nutrition and diet at university level have been taught wrong?

One last thing, low carb high fat is working for me. Why does that irritate so much?
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Sarcasm.

He's right, unless you mean you are being sarcastic. Nicely played.

I was being sarcastic.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    It's because you are claiming you eat at a surplus and lose weight when that is physically impossible
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It's because you are claiming you eat at a surplus and lose weight when that is physically impossible

Yes, pretty much this.

• hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Btw, well done everyone eating carbs and loosing weight. No need to be so highly strung about how people choose to loose weight.
    I eat carbs, I feel crap. I limit intake of carbs to fresh veg and very, very little fruit and all is well with the world.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/calorie-theory-obesity-falsified?utm_source=Diet+Doctor+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b4593ed146-Test&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_41db911777-b4593ed146-463916693

As someone who always asks questions, looking for different ideas. I want to ask this. I'm not criticising, or bashing or trying to undermine. It's just a thought that popped in my head. What if those of us that have studied nutrition and diet at university level have been taught wrong?

One last thing, low carb high fat is working for me. Why does that irritate so much?

I can only speak for myself.

It is not your success that bothers me. I am quite happy you found something that works for you. That said, it is obvious to me that you don't fully understand why it worked.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe you claimed to achieve your weight loss in a caloric surplus, and that it was because you reduced your carbs that you succeeded.

How something worked is not the same as why something worked. Low carb was the tool you used, it worked because you were in an energy deficit, regardless of what you think. And to state otherwise is, IMO, very irresponsible.

So, are you saying for instance, a 100 calories of spinach will behave the same as 100 calories of banana?
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

It is not your success that bothers me. I am quite happy you found something that works for you. That said, it is obvious to me that you don't fully understand why it worked.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe you claimed to achieve your weight loss in a caloric surplus, and that it was because you reduced your carbs that you succeeded.

How something worked is not the same as why something worked. Low carb was the tool you used, it worked because you were in an energy deficit, regardless of what you think. And to state otherwise is, IMO, very irresponsible.

So, are you saying for instance, a 100 calories of spinach will behave the same as 100 calories of banana?

Calories are units of energy so yes. As far as the nutrients, of course they both offer different things.

This is why I take an inclusive approach to nutrition. I look at what I can add to my diet rather then what I can eliminate. I find it very difficult to over eat "junk" food when I am focusing on my protein, fat and fiber goals.

That said, once my needs are met and calories are still available to me, I see no harm including "junk" foods into an over all healthy diet.

So, are you saying for instance, 100 calories of protein is the same as a 100 calories of carbs is the same as 100 calories of fats???
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Calories are units of energy so yes. As far as the nutrients, of course they both offer different things.

This is why I take an inclusive approach to nutrition. I look at what I can add to my diet rather then what I can eliminate. I find it very difficult to over eat "junk" food when I am focusing on my protein, fat and fiber goals.

That said, once my needs are met and calories are still available to me, I see no harm including "junk" foods into an over all healthy diet.

So, are you saying for instance, 100 calories of protein is the same as a 100 calories of carbs is the same as 100 calories of fats???

You can't just compare two macros. A diet is composed of various macros, micros and foods. One is not better than the other and you have to always look at the good picture. Even with bad foods, you can still have an overall solid diet (especially in maintenance or bulking where its much easier to get nutrients). So trying to ask if this is better than that is kind of ridiculous. Carbs, fats and proteins all serve their purpose and should be looked at contextually.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

This is exactly my perception. I never care how people achieve their goals, but when they misrepresent science, they should get called out for it.