13»

Replies

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Wear what you want to wear.

I agree.

I'm older though, going on 50 and would never think of putting a two piece on this body, no matter how thin I am. And it's not about my body and how it looks but my age and the fact I need to leave that stuff for the younger generation. I'd feel stupid trying to "look" to others as though I'm trying to be young again, LOL :D:D Those under 30 - go for it.

It doesn't matter your age, anyone can wear a bikini and be confident. I'm 42 and looking forward to wearing my bikini again this summer! :wink:
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Read this. (And I mean, read it. Don't just assume you know what it says. :) )

http://mic.com/articles/89705/there-s-a-new-chart-on-getting-a-bikini-body-that-every-woman-needs-to-see

Great reading @SueSueDio ! Thanks for posting!

Indeed, wear whatever you like at any age. Who is to say different? To tell you what to wear? You and only you have to feel comfortable and confident in it though.
  • BeSummerShine
    BeSummerShine Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing the damn thing
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely say wear what you want to wear. I've seen women of all shapes & sizes rock bikinis just fine & it's nice to see women have confidence in themselves. We shouldn't care what anyone else thinks, what matters is what we like & how we feel. I'm currently struggling with my weight, but I bought a bathing suit for the first time in over ten years & I'm gonna wear that thing at the beach without a care in the world! :smile: Do it girl!
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    No shame in your game hun! You look great!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Wear what you want to wear.

I agree.

I'm older though, going on 50 and would never think of putting a two piece on this body, no matter how thin I am. And it's not about my body and how it looks but my age and the fact I need to leave that stuff for the younger generation. I'd feel stupid trying to "look" to others as though I'm trying to be young again, LOL :D:D Those under 30 - go for it.

I'm 61, live in Italy, and wear a bikini to the beach every year. There are women older than I am who do too. It's not a question of competing with the younger generation, it's who you are. When wearing a bikini attitude is everything: posture up, suck in that tummy,and strut your stuff. Good luck OP.

And I am older than you @snowflake954 (62) and wear one all the time. Totally agree attitude is everything: age nothing.

@BeSummerShine you look great in the bikini. Love the style of it. If you are feeling a little self conscious wear it around the house doing everyday tasks, garden if it is warm enough, and you will get use to seeing yourself and your reflection, and use to the feel of it.

Cheers, h.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Love that top! Loved the above suggestion about wearing it around in the house doing things to get used to wearing it..

You look great!! <3<3
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm not wear I want to be but I'm still going to wear a dang bikini. I look like a dork in a one piece and they don't fit well because I have no chest and big thighs.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Men 40+ understand and will be very thankful for the bikini
    I like mom bods