Options
2»

Replies

• 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    My personal experience with Old Navy clothes is this:
    If it is cotton, it will run big.
    If it is stretchy material like spandex, it will run REALLY big (I bought a stretchy wrap dress and OMG it was ginormous)
    If it is denim, it will be true to size/close to true to size
    If it is a button down blouse/silky/"fancy", it will run small.

I can wear a size large in some Old Navy and some I can't even fit into an XXL. I typically wear a size 17/18 in jeans, but depending on the ON jeans, I can wear a 16.
    Button down blouses? Forget about it. They do not cover my bust.
    Yes thank you. That is quite a breakdown! I bought a sweater dress v-neck in L and it was snug on me but still fit. Button downs are tight in the shoulders on me so I get the next size up. Thanks for the reply!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    cariduttry wrote: »
    i think ON sizing is all over the place. i have size 18 ON jeans in my closet that fit...and size 18 ON jeans in my closet that don't. button-downs do not work for my because i have a large chest. sometimes xxl shirts are too big, sometimes they are too small. xl pajama pants fit me. i feel like goldilocks looking for the right porridge LOL.
    My body sizing is all over the place if not for ON sizing! My bust is 49" waist is "47 and hips are 46" and I am an apple shape and an inverted triangle so my jeans from ON sag in the hips and are baggy in the legs! I wear a size 18 but the size 16's are too snug in that skinny jean cut. Thanks for the reply!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    cariduttry wrote: »
    i think ON sizing is all over the place. i have size 18 ON jeans in my closet that fit...and size 18 ON jeans in my closet that don't. button-downs do not work for my because i have a large chest. sometimes xxl shirts are too big, sometimes they are too small. xl pajama pants fit me. i feel like goldilocks looking for the right porridge LOL.
    hahaha so funny! Thanks for reply.

The cuts of their jeans drive me crazy sometimes. I fit in a 6 or an 8 everywhere else, I bought some used Dreamer and Diva cut jeans at the thrift store (discontinued styles I know) in an 8 and they are tight as hell for some reason. I'm not sure if the person before me shrunk the hell out of them in the dryer or they were weird cuts.
    Hahaha so funny! But yeah thanks for reply!
    FTR the Old Navy "Curvy" style suuuuuucks in a skinny jean- the calves are so, so baggy. There isn't really any style of denim from them I care for anymore other than Rockstar which I have no fit issues with
    #oldnavyproblems ;)
    sorry what is FTR? Yes they do have a lot of baggy issues in their skinny jeans I've noticed. My butt is swimming in their size 18 skinny jeans but the size 16's are way too snug on me, I am like popping out of them! Lol. Thanks for reply.

• 120poundstogo
    Options
    leannems wrote: »
    Check out the old navy size chart online. The XXL is the equivalent of a 20, and falls somewhere between the measurements of their 18 and 20 (1X and 2X) in the women's plus range. For example, I usually either take an XXL in their regular range, or a 2x in their plus range. The 1x in their plus range may fit, but is occasionally small, and the 2x in their plus range usually fits, but is occasionally large.
    OMG! I checked out their ON size chart online I never saw their ranges though huh interesting. They had a whole bunch of size charts on Yahoo images though. Wow I never knew that that just narrows it down for me to a tee thank you! And thanks for your reply!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    TTS = true to size FTR = for the record
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    TTS = true to size FTR = for the record
    Thanks so much for the clarification! That helps a lot!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. Whenever I get stuck on an acronym I just type it in Google....usually it comes up with the correct answer. I had no idea what NSV stood for, so I googled it
  • 120poundstogo
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    You're welcome. Whenever I get stuck on an acronym I just type it in Google....usually it comes up with the correct answer. I had no idea what NSV stood for, so I googled it
    Haha LOL neither did I but I managed to put NSV together it meant everything but pounds lost so I put 2 and 2 together! Haha! But like I couldn't put TTS together so I asked the lady who said it and it means true to size! Haha! But no, thanks I will also use Google to I never thought of that thanks! Thank you for the reply too!