Fitbit??

Options
Hi
Thinking of getting a Fitbit to link with my phone as of most of day in work I don't have my phone on me ? Would anyone recommend getting one are they worth it?thanks :-)

Replies

• kirstylouisesquire
    kirstylouisesquire Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've just got a Fitbit charge hr and I absolutely love it n love the app to it I've been telling a couple me mates to get one it's helping me out a lot :smile:
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love my charge hr. I couldn't imagine using MFP without it now. Had mine four months now.
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Also got the charge hr best thing I've got honestly love it x
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thinking of getting a Fitbit to link with my phone as of most of day in work I don't have my phone on me ? Would anyone recommend getting one are they worth it?thanks :-)

I think it depends how you use it. When I first got my fitbit charge, I wore it just to get an idea of how many steps I took daily (it was about 6000). Then I got bored with it and only wore it occasionally. In November 2015 when I decided that I needed to lose weight, I set a goal for myself of getting 10,000 steps each day at a minimum. When it became too easy, I upped the steps another 500. Now, my minimum is 16,000 steps each day. What I like about it is that it got me to move more and I no longer spend each evening crashed out on the couch watching TV.
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I genuinely love my fitbit Charge HR, it tracks my heart rate so I honestly know how hard I've pushed myself and for how long I actually have been walking/exercising; no more estimations.

Originally I used an app on my phone and could barely get to 8000 steps a day, once I reached 10000 steps I treated myself to a fitbt. Now I'm walking 14000 steps a day and about to raise it to 15000 steps. From using my desk job as an excuse to now walking between 6-8miles per day regardless :smiley:

Also the weekend challenges with other people are brilliant, stops me from being lazy.
  • gayle2468
    gayle2468 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Love my Fitbit Charge HR - I've become a bit obsessed with ensuring my steps goal are met and become quite competitive with myself. The first thing I do every day is check my sleep pattern (so fascinating) :-)
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it. It tracks continuous heart rate,steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed, auto sleep, active minutes, hours with more than 250 steps. In the settings you can set your stride length which you couldn't do on the phone app that came installed on my phone. The Fitbit app also has GPS tracking, you can start an exercise such as walking and it will generate a GPS map of your walk. (On Android app anyway, a co-worker couldn't find that function on their Apple app). I also have a Fitbit One that I got before the HR.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I also recommend the fitbit Charge. I was doubtful, but find it to be surprisingly accurate. The challenges (personal and with friends) are actually fun!
  • jringer1
    jringer1 Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit have used it for a year now. I will say that the FitBit Flex (which I have) has charging problems as noted on the website by thousands of users. I would recommend a different model, not sure which is best.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just received a Charge HR for Mother's Day. I am still getting used to it and honestly haven't decided if I like it. I will say that it takes the guess work out of figuring out my exercise calories, but I haven't been using it long enough to know if it is accurate. It took me a few tries of linking and unlinking and linking again to get it to sync with MFP.

I don't think I will be using it to track my sleep, though, as every time I turn over the damn light blinks and it completely wakes me up.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and I love it. We got the warranty on it as well and customer service was great when we had to call. (The wrist band started separating from the actual unit and bubbled up. We called and sent a picture and they sent out a new one the next day!) Our friends recently got fitbits and now we're doing challenges almost daily and it definitely motivates me and my husband (who has a Surge) to get our steps in. We've started going on nightly walks again just so we can meet our step goal. Much better than veging out in front of the TV.
  • apguitar2013
    apguitar2013 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've had a fitbit charge HR since November 2015 and have only ever taken it off to charge it. I think they are great, you can also run challenges with friends on the app. I find it very motivational and like to see how many steps I've done per day. I also use it to track exercise, if you hold down the button on the left, it buzzes and then starts a timer. So you can see how long you've been running/training for.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Flex and had issues with it. Now I have the FitBit Blaze and I love it! You can check your steps, carlories expended, and heart rate with a flick of the wrist. I work in an environment where cell phones are prohibited, so I can't use my phone to check my steps. The Blaze has been very motivating for me to stay moving all day.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Alta and I love it. It doesn't have a heart rate monitor and it doesn't count altitude, but for my purposes it's perfect. I really just wanted to be able to track steps and know approximately how many calories I burn, so it's just right for me. I find being able to join challenges with friends very motivating.
  • nancybauman
    nancybauman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started out with an AP on my phone since I could carry it around with me. I don't know how accurrate it was but it sure was motivating to get me moving more. Once I got to 10,000 steps a day easily, I bought a $25 pedometer watch at Walmart that was just perfect. That's all I needed. I am only counting steps at this point. Works for me!
  • jtcedinburgh
    jtcedinburgh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm a newcomer to the Charge HR and love it - though you will need to charge the thing roughly every three days. Only takes a couple of hours though.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    aim_3 wrote: »
    I just received a Charge HR for Mother's Day. I am still getting used to it and honestly haven't decided if I like it. I will say that it takes the guess work out of figuring out my exercise calories, but I haven't been using it long enough to know if it is accurate. It took me a few tries of linking and unlinking and linking again to get it to sync with MFP.

I don't think I will be using it to track my sleep, though, as every time I turn over the damn light blinks and it completely wakes me up.

Turn off quick view in your settings. I had the same issue and couldn't figure out why it was happening. I looked it up and quick view turns the display on whenever you raise your hand. I turned it off and problem solved.

For the OP, I have a charge HR. It has your stats on a display so you only need to sync it every morning to see your workout stats and sleep from the previous day.
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Charge HR. I love mine.
  • SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The charge HR is great I love mine I'm considering upgrading to the blaze because it has more features for 50 dollars more but the charge is great if you don't need the extra features on the screen. The fitbit website let's you compare side by side