Whats your favorite meal that is healthy but tastes amazing?

Options
2»

Replies

• dianebiaggini
    dianebiaggini Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For those of us in the depths of winter, soups are great!! Made this one last night and it was so full of flavour and had good sources of protein too!!! You could add more vege's if desired. I thought it was perfect as is (and easy + cheap!!)
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/13758/chicken+and+lentil+soup
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    24oz ribeye steak cooked in garlic butter, with a gigantic serving of asparagus cooked inthe pan I cooked the steak in.
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can think about it...
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm not even hungry and I'm salivating at some of these! :) more please!
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love love love fish tacos with cilantro slaw! I dust the fish, usually tilapia, in cornmeal and pan fry them in a couple of tsp of olive oil. chop that up, wrap it in a corn tortilla and pile the slaw on top. Mmmmmmmm

I could eat the slaw with a fork and be a happy girl. I don't have the recipe in front of me but it is basically angel hair coleslaw, lime juice, a teeny bit of oil, and cilantro.
  • rikkian
    rikkian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Spiced Lentil and Ginger Soup as a bonus its only 74 calories per serving! (but I love it served with some malted grain baguette which pushes up the calories a bit)

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1931642/spiced-lentil-and-ginger-soup

PSA- add a stock cube to the recipe as a lot of the commenter's suggest... it makes a huge difference!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    For Breakfast: Roasted Chicken, Spinach, and Caramelized Onion Frittata topped with Scallions

Lunch: Ostrich or Chicken Hot Dog sauteed with Garlic with Broccoli Rabe or Kale and a Mandarin Drizzle

Dinner: Too many but....all time favorite dinner so far is the copycat recipe I adapted from numerous ones around the web for the Hunger Games Lamb Stew with Dried Plums over Wild Rice. It's hard to keep healthy with it because you don't wanna stop eating it.

(and if that's not healthy enough)

Grilled Chicken Breast in a Garlic Mandarin Mojo Sauce with a side of baked plantains and spinach/shallot salad.