Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks or once a month.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Then occasionally after a particularly grueling hike because I'm THAT curious about how strenuous activity affects water retention and release.
  • d777russell786
    d777russell786 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to everynmorning! Now I am going to try qnd wait a month.We will see how that goes;)
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and have since I started my plan 16 months ago. Buuut, I also measure BF regularly, take pics every month, log cardio, track my weights and sets religiously - and I don't use any one thing as my measure. Moving up on bench press is just as good as losing a pound, is just as good a BF change - everything together gives me lots of positive feedback on how I am reaching my goals.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself using the bathroom once I wake up and then again sometime later in the day to see if it's the same. It can be kind of stressful bc it fluctuates lol

If you weight yourself after you eat, the weight is always going to be higher. I advice to only weight yourself just after you wake up after poo. If you can't poo, skip weight in. Just do in on empty stomach.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing after using the bathroom and with no clothes. The fluctuations don't bother me.
    My official weigh in day is Saturday (for week to week comparison) but I log it every day and calculate the average for the week as well.
  • PinkPlenty
    PinkPlenty Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sunday morning every week. Every day would drive me crazy, weight fluctuates daily.
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    cariduttry wrote: »
    every day. i track my weight daily in an app called Happy Scale and it tracks trends and makes predictions. the more entries, the more precise it can be. by looking at overall trends, you don't see the plateaus that mfp shows. someone did an excellent post about it this week, but i can't find it now.

This!

I weigh myself daily and this is the best app I've seen as far as factoring in daily fluctuations.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I understand that some people are bugged to see a number go up if they weigh every day. But it's the opposite for me as I feel when I weigh every day, each measurement has less "power" over me, so to speak. Maybe because it's only the result of whatever happened the prior 24 hours, as opposed to the past 7 days. And I've seen 3 lb whoosh drops and 2+ lb gains. But my history lets me know what to expect the next day or 2.
  • td9330
    td9330 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I understand that some people are bugged to see a number go up if they weigh every day. But it's the opposite for me as I feel when I weigh every day, each measurement has less "power" over me, so to speak. Maybe because it's only the result of whatever happened the prior 24 hours, as opposed to the past 7 days. And I've seen 3 lb whoosh drops and 2+ lb gains. But my history lets me know what to expect the next day or 2.

I feel the same way. I think because I weigh every day I know that there's no way that I gained 2 pounds of fat overnight and it has to be water weight.