Pizza for weight loss?

Options
I was very busy at work today and only had time for a small snack. With little food in the house, I got the kids Domino's for dinner. Starving, I had two pieces and figured I'd make up for it the rest of the week. Well, after looking up the nutrition info, turns out two pieces of what I had is 470 calories and 50 carbs (I know calories are most important for weight loss, but trying to keep carbs under 100 as well), which fits just fine into my daily amounts. I hope everyone is right about what’s most important is CICO!

Replies

• kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a land mine for me. I cannot stop with just two pieces and they upset my stomache so I no longer eat pizza at all but that is also because I am doing both low carb and gluetin free
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You might gain a pound of water weight but it will go away. It's completely CICO.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    No reason why that would cause a problem - you ate 470 cals of food, that's not a crime.

This^

For me I won't make dietary changes to lose weight, that I don't plan on doing forever. Lifestyle changes; knowing what a "real" serving of pizza looks like (or ice cream, or chips).....will help me during maintenance.

I concur with this to a point. Despite being CICO determining weight loss, a pizza diet wouldn't be healthy. 2 pieces due to a rushed day?? Log it and move forward enjoying the taste.

Diets fail when people alter their life too much. Make small changes you feel comfortable with. When those become routine, make a few more changes.
  • AndrewD315
    AndrewD315 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If it fits your golden. Your daily goal is 800? way to low!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not confident and trusting your calorie intake! Is that the problem?

I like pizza, and one time ate 1 slice short of a whole large PapaJohn Pizza. Then, looked up the calories which just the pizza alone was 1800+ calories. So what, It's not like I had to eat big the next day. :) You gotta to confident in your understanding.
  • jenniferburns1989
    jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut medium thin crust chicken supreme 2 slices: 46g carbs, 12g fat, 380 cals. I would it majority of my carbs at dinner, so eat low carb foods during the day..
  • jenniferburns1989
    jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut medium thin crust chicken supreme 2 slices: 46g carbs, 12g fat, 380 cals. I would it majority of my carbs at dinner, so eat low carb foods during the day..

I'm going to add u ,so you can look at my diary and see my food intake for today..Alot and still came out good
  • richiemarez
    richiemarez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2 pieces is good , put a pizza in front of me and i will tear it up B)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Yeah 470 is going to kill your days intake if you are stupid enough to eat that little all the time and aim for 800 calories. . Eat more food, fuel your body in whatever foods you want to fit your macros and hit reasonable numbers,

Those medifast meals will not help you long term, they will not help you make a lifestyle change. Living off frozen/prefab meals you will gain the weight all back once you try to live a normal life.
  • layak
    layak Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    pizza seems like empty caliries to me
  • layak
    layak Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's definitely CICO. I have lost 42lbs just calorie counting. I pay no attention to carbs, fat, etc. (I probably should start). No worries op you'll be just fine.

were you able to keep off the 45 lbs you lost from calorie counting?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    layak wrote: »
    pizza seems like empty caliries to me

And some people love it. The point is making a sustainable life change.