Pizza for weight loss?

Options
124»

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    for me, the only problem with the pizza was my reaction to too much sodium. Otherwise, it fit perfectly into my macros---I found some,low sodium, high fiber, high protein bread/bagels instead that I could use as a substitute. Otherwise, pizza 2 days/weeks
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    for me, the only problem with the pizza was my reaction to too much sodium. Otherwise, it fit perfectly into my macros---I found some,low sodium, high fiber, high protein bread/bagels instead that I could use as a substitute. Otherwise, pizza 2 days/weeks

Not my pizza!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

Not my pizza!

Let me rephrase...the buy in the store type :) If I remember correctly, you probably have great at home cooking recipes for your specific diet.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Not my pizza!

Let me rephrase...the buy in the store type :) If I remember correctly, you probably have great at home cooking recipes for your specific diet.

I go to a local wood fire pizza joint.
    Or, yes, hubs makes a nice whole wheat crust, and sometimes I do flat outs, or zucchini crust.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I just ate pizza while I read this entire thread. FOR BREAKFAST!! >:) Leftovers from last night's dinner. It was delicious.

There is nothing wrong with eating pizza now and then. I also don't really understand how a healthy fat like mozzarella cheese which also has a lot of protein and some vitamins becomes empty calories because it happens to be on pizza.

If I had a caprese (mozzarella and tomato) salad and a good french baguette, would that be empty calories too?

OP hon. Please rethink your plan. Just eat at a reasonable deficit and at least 1200 calories a day. You don't need to jump start anything. Just work on changing how you think about food and use the tools MFP provides to help you. Think of this as a for life change not a quick fix. There is no race to get to the finish line.
  • mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. This weekend I went to visit family. I took everyone's advice and decided to see what would happen if I upped my intake. While I didn't get a chance to add to my food diary, I had scrambled eggs, made with milk and a bit of cheese, 1/2 slide toast with a little butter and some strawberries for breakfast each day. Not a big lunch, just yogurt and more strawberries (they are in season in NC), and dinner of 4oz filet and salad and three glasses of wine. Even had a small piece of cake with ice cream for my husband's birthday.

I watched my portions carefully (didn't bring my scale out of town, but really was careful), didn't eat until I was stuffed, but a "normal" amount, and lost still lost weight this morning! I weight once a week on Monday mornings, so I really believe it! I also got more sleep, as the family I was visiting are early to bed people (that is, in bed by 10pm and not my normal 1am).

I feel so good today, even thought it's Monday! Thanks to all for your comments, postings and concern!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @mom2wessarah Yea! You go girl!