Belly fat

Options
Need some good suggestions for losing belly fat.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Your body will eventually get to using the fat on your belly, but it is often the last place to go.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Eat at a Caloric deficit.
    Incorporate some exercise that you like - a mix of cardio and strength/resistance training is probably best.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Seriously - that's it.
  • batmanatgrind
    batmanatgrind Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I suppose I meant to say what are some foods or tricks to assist in the fat loss process?
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I suppose I meant to say what are some foods or tricks to assist in the fat loss process?

Were you not posting some green tea junk in the other thread ? Just no. And no.

The trick is to maintain a calorie deficit while lifting heavy stuff.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and it will come off. We all lose fat from different places on the body at different rates. My legs are like twigs! But the fat is also coming off my belly, just not at the same rate as my legs and arms. Be patient and you'll lose the belly fat with time.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

there are literally none. Anything that tells you otherwise is using marketing to separate you from your money for false hope. Eat less than you burn and you will lose body fat. add in exercise and lose it quicker.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

There are absolutely no foods, drinks, supplements or tricks to making your body lose weight faster. Eat at an appropriate calorie deficit, include some form of strength training, get adequate protein, and have patience. It gets easier to make progress when you understand that there aren't short cuts.

Bingo
  • jstarcher2016
    jstarcher2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »

There are absolutely no foods, drinks, supplements or tricks to making your body lose weight faster. Eat at an appropriate calorie deficit, include some form of strength training, get adequate protein, and have patience. It gets easier to make progress when you understand that there aren't short cuts.

Bingo

• jstarcher2016
    jstarcher2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are no tricks per say however its important to what you are eating it takes your body longer to break down fats and protein. Also complex carbs over simple. Try to eat a diet that is 40% protien 30% healthy fats 30% carbs mainly complex
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Yet in another thread you advised drinking green tea for this. Ummm....?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Here's a great read about it (some NSFW language): http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/superfoods/?awt_l=BV.g9&awt_m=3gv.Upbtrx0ExV5
  • batmanatgrind
    Options
    Thank you!!! I didn't mean literally foods to burn but more as advice on how I should be eating. Next time I post I will be as specific as possible.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I didn't mean literally foods to burn but more as advice on how I should be eating. Next time I post I will be as specific as possible.

You're going to have to figure that one out on your own. We could all tell you what we do and it would vary from person to person. Experiment with different things to find the best filling combinations. Some people need lower carbs and others need to keep sweets in to keep them on track.
  • MrsG1994
    MrsG1994 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's all in the math. Calorie deficit.
  • batmanatgrind
    Options
    I just didn't know where to start but calorie deficit and strength training will definitely be my start, the rest I will play around with. Thank you.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Try having some protein and vegetables with each meal. It's generally a good way to feel full with an appropriate amount of calories.