I really want ice cream...

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
But I dont have any and Im the only adult home (my kids are in bed). :(

Its a shame you can't order ice cream to be delivered.

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Very true. Well, you could just go to bed and carry those calories over until tomorrow. Get your ice cream with the kids. :wink:
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Oh boy consider yourself lucky that you can't have ice cream delivered where you are. Where I am we can get ice cream delivered, even frozen yogurt with all the toppings from those speciality shops. Some days it is a really struggle for me to not order it in!!
  • mkakids
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »
    Oh boy consider yourself lucky that you can't have ice cream delivered where you are. Where I am we can get ice cream delivered, even frozen yogurt with all the toppings from those speciality shops. Some days it is a really struggle for me to not order it in!!

STFU....really?! Im jealous!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Like borrowing a cup of sugar, couldn't you ask a neighbor for a cup of ice cream?
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Whole milk + lots of sugar + crush ice + a blender.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Postmates can deliver ;)

Frozen banana + milk in a blender
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    murp4069 wrote: »

STFU....really?! Im jealous!

Haha it's true! There is a Ben & Jerry's, a gelato shop, and a frozen yogurt shop all about a mile from my house. And they all deliver. I restrain myself to frozen yogurt one a week, but only if my fiancé and I are willing to walk to the shop. It's so good we are nearly always willing to walk. :)

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit and almond milk and/or yogurt and/or protein powder fixes my ice cream cravings every time.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That is why I always have about 5 types of ice cream in my chest freezer at all times. Thankfully my youngest is now 19, so I can send him out to get more if I w̶a̶n̶t̶ NEED it :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    You may be tempted to spring for an entire pint of Arctic Zero. DON'T.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Actually....

It is possible to have ice cream delivered. Or anything else you are craving.

Depending on where you live anyway.

https://www.grubhub.com
  • mkakids
    Options
    Frozen fruit and almond milk and/or yogurt and/or protein powder fixes my ice cream cravings every time.

Thats good....but NOT an ice cream substitute.
  • mkakids
    Options
    You may be tempted to spring for an entire pint of Arctic Zero. DON'T.

Ive made that mistake before....never again!
  • mkakids
    Options
    Actually....

It is possible to have ice cream delivered. Or anything else you are craving.

Depending on where you live anyway.

https://www.grubhub.com

I always forget about grubhub....but nothing in my area. :(
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I was just getting ready to go all eat everything you want in moderation, but it's just a case of you being stuck with the kids and not being a bad caretaker.

Sounds like you've earned a treat for the morning. ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I live in an area with no food delivery at all, not even pizza. Ice cream delivery is mind boggling.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried a protein fluff?
  • mkakids
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried a protein fluff?

I have tried to make one once...but it didnt turn out right. Not sure what I did wrong.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I hear you. It takes some experimenting. Lately I've been fluffing 0% Greek yogurt (100g) with 5g whey, xanthan and sorbitol (liquid Splenda), flavored with vanilla & lemon zest or cinnamon & orange zest or coconut sorbitol. Tastes much better to me than many of my (mostly failed) protein fluff attempts. Just an idea if you have those on hand!
  • Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Haha it's true! There is a Ben & Jerry's, a gelato shop, and a frozen yogurt shop all about a mile from my house. And they all deliver. I restrain myself to frozen yogurt one a week, but only if my fiancé and I are willing to walk to the shop. It's so good we are nearly always willing to walk. :)

Oh my gosh! That is a great idea. I walk about 5.5 miles a day, but never thought to walk to the yogurt shop! I'm going to start doing that. Unfortunately, I love Butterfinger and hot fudge on mine. I keep thinking I should bring my scale once to figure out the calories.