I really want ice cream...

2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    What about the ice cream truck? I'm surprised I didn't hear it tonight. It was a pretty warm day.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    If you really like something considered unhealthy, do one of three things: eat less of it, eat it less often, or substitute it. Amazing things can be done with a good blender and frozen fruit, skim milk, vanilla extract. Try frozen bananas, cocoa powder, and fat free yogurt. Use your imagination.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Oh well...there's always tomorrow :smiley: then you can go out and treat yourself :smiley:
  • momnom27
    momnom27 Posts: 25 Member
    I always want a scoop of Thrifty's ice cream, but it's about a three miles away. I tell myself I can have it if I walk there to get it!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I told the ice cream truck driver to either move his truck (he likes to park in front of my house everyday) or to start selling champagne.

He laughed, but I was dead serious.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    momnom27 wrote: »
    I always want a scoop of Thrifty's ice cream, but it's about a three miles away. I tell myself I can have it if I walk there to get it!

There are still Thrifty's around?? All of ours turned into Rite Aids.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    i ALWAYS want ice cream. it is my greatest weakness.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Postmates will deliver Ben and Jerry's don't know if you're in a covered area.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    You may be tempted to spring for an entire pint of Arctic Zero. DON'T.

OH GOD, I DID THIS

The carton even says "oh lol we made it for those people who eat a pint in a sitting" (as I understood it) and I was like HOT DOG, NOM TIME IS NOW.

Just... oh my god. Never again.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    When I lived in Paris I could order ice cream and sushi for delivery. Good times.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    When I lived in Paris I frequently ordered sushi and ice cream for delivery. Good times!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    If you really like something considered unhealthy, do one of three things: eat less of it, eat it less often, or substitute it. Amazing things can be done with a good blender and frozen fruit, skim milk, vanilla extract. Try frozen bananas, cocoa powder, and fat free yogurt. Use your imagination.

@cbelc2
    I can't eat less of something I dont have in the house and cannot leave the house to get. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to eat an 'unhealthy' food. I eat ice cream on a reglar basis (which is why Im out...I ate it all), and have still lost 75lbs. Just cant leave my sleeping kids home alone to go to the store and having ice cream right now isnt worth the hassle of waking everyone up to go get some.

And those substitutes you suggested are NOT ice cream. Id rather have a smaller serving of ice cream than a larger serving a fruit pretending to be ice cream. :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Did you get some today? And then extra for when you get low? Because running out is really not smart! ;) and if you did which one?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2016
    mkakids wrote: »
    I always forget about grubhub....but nothing in my area. :(

I just checked out of curiosity. GrubHub had some options for me, but Seamless had better ones.

;-)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited May 2016
    Thinking about attempting another ice cream PR soon: https://youtu.be/vGKP37kz0SM

Even large quantities of ice cream can fit within your calorie and macro goals. If you consume too much one day, adjust your targets on other days that week to compensate.