Does anyone use magnesium oil for deodorant?

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    nm212 wrote: »
    Why not just use Crystal deodorant? It's all natural...no chemicals. Can't you get magnesium from food?
    Magnesium is better absorbed through the skin than digesting pills.
    This is all natural.

From your armpit? Doubt that. Saying it doesn't make it so.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Why not just use Crystal deodorant? It's all natural...no chemicals. Can't you get magnesium from food?
    This is all natural.

Isn't stinkie BO due to possible low magneasium levels? Why not just supplement with a tablet

Tid for tat.. http://www.mgwater.com/rod17.shtml

Straight magnesuium oil put on my sensative arm pits (and yes I shave) is a No No.. Ladies do not try this at home, it will hurt!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    This is all natural.

Are you looking for a magnesium supplement or a natural deoderant? Because if you want a magnesium supplement, just take Natural Calm. It's magnesium citrate, which is one of the more absorbable forms, and it won't burn your skin.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Magnesium makes me really sleepy.
    Use Toms deodorant - google it.
    Sold at Walmart.

If you don't sweat much, Tom's probably works just fine. As someone who sweats, I can tell you that using Tom's deodorant is just like using nothing at all. Thirty minutes after application I was stinky.
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I used to never wear deodorant and didn't smell any worse for it. Every time I went to the bathroom I'd wash my pits with the antibacterial hand soap. Stayed clean & fresh all day.
    That was back when deodorant was sticky roll-on, lung burning aerosol spray, or clumpy sticks that left white residue on clothes. There's better choices now.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    Sold at Walmart.

If you don't sweat much, Tom's probably works just fine. As someone who sweats, I can tell you that using Tom's deodorant is just like using nothing at all. Thirty minutes after application I was stinky.

Yeah. My mom got it for us as teens. Started babysitting just so I could get my own choice of deodorant. Didn't enjoy being the stinky kid in class.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    Sold at Walmart.

+3 I smelled like a big ol' skunk within 30 minutes of application. Yuck!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    This is all natural.

Isn't stinkie BO due to possible low magneasium levels? Why not just supplement with a tablet

Tid for tat.. http://www.mgwater.com/rod17.shtml

Straight magnesuium oil put on my sensative arm pits (and yes I shave) is a No No.. Ladies do not try this at home, it will hurt!

Interesting link! I take magnesium glycinate in pill form as well. I don't know if it's alternative health propaganda or the truth but many websites say magnesium oil is better absorbed than pills.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I use either Malin + Goetz deo or Meow Meow Tweet deo cream. I stay a little dryer with the latter but I don't stink with either of them and the M+G is easier to apply. I tried Tom's and wasn't happy with it.
  • lisaconklin957
    lisaconklin957 Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I used to make my own natural deodorant (coconut oil, Shea butter, baking soda, corn starch), but now I use Piper Wai. It's a cream, charcoal based product and it changed my world. They were on shark tank last year.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I used to make my own natural deodorant (coconut oil, Shea butter, baking soda, corn starch), but now I use Piper Wai. It's a cream, charcoal based product and it changed my world. They were on shark tank last year.

I am skeptical about this. While in theory it sounds great, not sure I'd be willing to try it. I have a 12hr job that can be very labor intensive and deals with the public all shift long, and Having BO is just not an option.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It says on the bottle it can be used as a deodorant. I tried some today but not sure how well it works yet. According to certain websites it's one of the best ways to get magnesium other than diet.

A better option to get magnesium is to eat magnesium rich foods (dark chocolate is one!) or soak in Epsom salts bath...or you could eat chocolate while taking a bath. ;)
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

I am skeptical about this. While in theory it sounds great, not sure I'd be willing to try it. I have a 12hr job that can be very labor intensive and deals with the public all shift long, and Having BO is just not an option.

I've tried a bunch of natural alternatives, but the normal antiperspirants you buy at the store just can't be beat if you can't afford to have BO. I wear natural stuff in the winter and if I'm not exercising, but it would be cruel to those around me to not put on the artificial antiperspirants when I go to the gym or in the summer.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Never tried it. If it's healthier for you than antiperspirant/deodorant and it works, go for it.
    I've used "the rock" and it works pretty damned well.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Lmao @ no chemicals.
    yarwell wrote: »
    Why not just use Crystal deodorant? It's all natural...no chemicals.

It is exactly a chemical - potassium aluminum sulfate.

this
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Does deodorant count as food or nutrition?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Does deodorant count as food or nutrition?

Sweat activated nutrient absorption is apparently the latest thing.
  • Kib13
    Kib13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use Jāsön Soothing Aloe Vera deodorant stick. The scent is pretty neutral and it works well.

I have not tried magnesium oil for deodorant.